Moving Procedures and Processes
Moving Services (Non-Office Moves)
Moving Services, a branch of Building and Custodial Services, supports and enhances the operation of the university by:
- Providing tables and chairs for events and other University functions.
- Moving boxes and small furniture.
- Delivering and removing appliances for Residential Learning & University Housing (RLUH)
- Supporting recycling efforts by picking up discarded computers, printers, televisions, and unwanted furniture.
All Requests for Moving Services Must be Submitted Through RowanWorks
A Minimum of two weeks notice is required for moving services.
Requests will be scheduled at the earliest available time slot.
Phone and E-mail requests will not be processed.
Office Move Scheduling Procedure
In an attempt to streamline processes, ensure accurate record keeping and improve the appearance and utilization of university spaces and resources, all office moves are now being coordinated through the Office of Scheduling & Space Management.
Office Moves Defined
Office moves involve the physical relocation of a University employee from one office or workstation to another office or workstation based on the operational needs of a particular unit.
Movement of furniture or other items not related to the reassignment or relocation of an employee is not subject to this procedure. These types of moving requests should be submitted normally through the RowanWorks (rowan.edu/rowanworks) system.
Things to Consider
Office moves, and the creation of new offices involve a number of University departments. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the move any or all of the following business areas may be involved:
- Design & Construction
- Campus Management/Trades (electrical, carpet, paint, etc.)
- Custodial Services
- Network & Systems Services
- Contracts & Procurement (Purchasing)
- Environmental Health & Safety
For this reason, some moves may require many weeks of lead time. The minimum lead time required for office moves is two weeks, but requestors should understand that most moves will take longer to complete. Proper planning will ensure that all aspects of the move can be accounted for and spaces are ready for occupancy when needed.
- Complete the application, obtain the proper approval signatures, and forward to the application to the Office of Scheduling & Space Management, Linden Hall, Room 216.
- A member of the Scheduling & Space Management staff will follow up within two business days. Each move request will be evaluated for its contribution to the efficient use of University space.
- Once the request is reviewed and approved, a member of the Scheduling and Space Management staff will schedule a visit to the locations indicated within the request and review the details of the move with the requestor.
- After review, services will be scheduled and a detailed timeline for the move will be developed.
- The Office of Scheduling & Space Management will coordinate the creation of all necessary work orders and manage the move from start to finish.