From left to right: Jia Wang, Matthew Lis, Tiffany Griffin, Adam Leftkowitz, Bryan Pitman.
- Serves as liaison to the chapter and faculty advisor.
- Appoints board members and also holds power to reprimand ineffective officers or members.
- Conducts general and executive board meetings.
- Oversees all operations of officers and members.
Joseph Capodicasa Jr
Executive Vice President
- Assume the responsibilities of the president in his/her absence at all chapter events.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of all committees and board positions.
- Call for all committee and board members reports to be submitted to the President.
- Help prepare the budget
- Keep Minutes during the bi-weekly meetings.
- Record the Attendance for the bi-weekly meetings
- Complete Service Project Forms and Progress Reports for the Student Government Association.
Vice President of Publicity
- Design and Maintain FMA Bulletin Board.
- Prepare press releases for Bottom Line and FMA international.
- Prepare newsletter of each semester’s activities and submit to College of Business and FMA International.
- Attend all BOBA meetings (monthly)/ events and act as FMA representative.
- Report to BOBA (Bureau of Business Administration)
about any new activities, events, trips, or meetings the FMA has coming
up. Also, report on past meetings and feedback on the speaker.
- Take notes at the BOBA meetings and listen to all information and relay relevant information to the other FMA officers.
- Part of the BOBA Publicity committee with the
responsibility of getting people to come to the BOBA Banquet
(scholarships and awards for business students & professor of the
Vice President of Membership
- Conduct active programs to recruit new members.
- Recruit membership committee members and manage their activities.
- Hold information sessions to spread the word about FMA throughout the COB.
- Invite students to be inducted to FMA national honor society.
- Plan for the induction ceremony at the end of the academic year.
- Prepare FMA resume book.
- Distribute information about FMA International and keep accurate records of memberships.
Vice President of Event Planning
- Plan Fundraising Activities and make sure they are properly advertised and announced to membership.
- Find Service Projects for the FMA to participate in on campus as well as off and keep all official letters of service.
- Plan Annual Trips to Museum of American Finance, NYSE, and Federal Bank of New York.
- Monitor Online Conference Attendance. Make sure at
least five members log in and post comments or ideas to the discussion
- Send out Thank You cards to those that have assisted
our organization. This is a way of showing our appreciation to those
that have expanded our knowledge and been willing to help the FMA.
- Maintain Records of Contact Information.
- Recruit event planning committee members and manage their activities.
- Maintain records of event attendance.
Vice President of Career Development
- Collaborate guest speakers to come speak about their career and accomplishments.
- Prepare thank you cards and keep records of guest speakers.
Work with the Career and Academic Planning Center to set up career dates, hold resume writing seminars.
- Plan workshops for career development (e.g. tutor session, technology workshops).
- Inform FMA members of upcoming career related events.
- Report to the chapter’s Executive Board on all matters regarding the financial status of the chapter.
- Maintain accurate records of chapter dues and submit the applications and fees to the FMA office in a timely manner.
- Track and maintain individual fundraising accounts within umbrella FMA account
- Prepare a tentative budget for presentation to the chapter’s Executive Board.
- Prepare an annual and bi-annual financial statement for presentation to the chapter’s Executive Board.
- Attend all SGA required events (e.g.bi-weekly senate meetings) and act as a representative of the FMA.
- Take notes at meetings and listen to all information and relay relevant information to the other FMA officers.
- Check FMA’s mailbox in the SGA office.
- Hand in minutes and service project outlines to the SGA.
- Control any requests or concerns our organization has
in reference to FMA (not including some financial issues the treasurer
has control of).
Jia Wang, Ph.d.
Assistant Professor of Finance