Rowan University's SHRM Chapter
How do I Become a Member of SHRM?
Student Membership is FREE! Membership in the Rowan Student Chapter of SHRM is open to any Rowan University Student. Full-time or Part-time students are welcome! Come to any scheduled chapter event or contact the student chapter by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know you want to join!
National Membership is $20. Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the leading voice of the human resource profession. SHRM is a national organization that has 150,000 + professionals as well as students. As a student member you will get an opportunity to learn about the field of “human resources”. Membership forms are available at chapter meetings or you may contact the student chapter by email: email@example.com.
What Will I Receive from SHRM Membership?
Benefits of Rowan Student Chapter
- Monthly Meetings with HR Professional Speakers
- Opportunity to Attend Tri-State Senior Chapter Monthly Dinner Meetings
- Opportunity for Field Trips to Local Businesses & Meet with HR Professionals
- Opportunity to Work on Real-World HR Projects
- Attend and Participate in Regional and State SHRM Conferences
- Participate in Special Student Study Groups for the SHRM Certification Exam
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Participate in the SHRM Sponsorship of the CAREER FAIR
- SHRM Students frequently are considered first for HR job opportunities
- SHRM Student Chapter Distributes a Resume Book to Senior Chapter Members at No Cost
Benefits of National Membership
- HR Magazine - Twelve monthly issues of this full-color magazine featuring in-depth articles on human resource management
- HR news - Twelve monthly issues of this award-winning newspaper featuring the latest trends and issues in the field, as well as legal updates and HR job openings.
- Echoes - Four issues of this student newsletter featuring chapter news and job search hints.
- SHRM Online - You will access to the most valuable Human Resource Information in the world. It is a tool that allows you to research.
- Internship opportunities - You are able to search for Human Resource Internships