Rohrer College of Business @ Rowan University
Information for Students Seeking to Change Major
Rowan University of New JerseyInformation for Rowan Students Seeking to ChangeMajor into the Rohrer College of BusinessThe Requirements to apply:
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 letter-graded credit hours at Rowan University.
- Must have achieved an overall GPA of 2.5 earned at Rowan University.
- Calculus Techniques and Applications or Calculus I must be completed. This may be in progress the semester of application.*
- Statistics I must be completed. This may in progress the semester of application.*
- Demonstrated college proficiency in reading, writing, and computational skills as determined by Rowan University.
*If the required math course(s) are in progress at the time of application (Fall, Spring, Summer) and all of the other requirements are met, then the student will be admitted provisionally to the major, pending the successful completion of the required course(s) and the maintenance of the required GPA. At the end of the semester if this is accomplished, the student stays in the major. If this is not accomplished, then the provisional acceptance will be withdrawn and the student will be returned to their previous major. This includes maintaining the 2.5 GPA.
NOTE: If you previously failed Calculus or Statistics I you must successfully complete it to be reconsidered, thus you will not be provisionally admitted. How to Apply
- The application will only be accepted through the Rohrer College of Business website's change of major form. No paper copies will be accepted.
- Visit the "Information for Students Seeking to Change Major" article at: http://www.rowan.edu/colleges/business/articles/index.cfm?id=10 Read it!
- Click on the "Application" button on the bottom to go to online form.
- Fill out all the fields on the Online Change of Major form and click on the "Apply" button at the bottom.
- Your "Thank You for Applying" response window is your notification that your application has been successfully received. Print it out as your receipt; the web address as well as the date and time should appear on the printed page.
- The University Advising Center (ext. 4459) is available to advise and assist students with course selection prior to being admitted to the Rohrer College of Business. Please call them to make an appointment.
- Your "Thank You for Applying" response window is your notification that your application has been successfully received. Print it out as your receipt.
- Please note that if requirements in progress are not completed, student will be withdrawn from the major.
- Application Deadlines
- May 15 - August 15 - September 15 - December 15 - February 15
- Notification to Students
June 1 – September 1 - October 1 - January 15 - March 1
Change Major Online Form