Marketing & Business Information Systems
Major in Management Information Systems
Program Structure: Management Information Systems Program Requirements
I. General Education (50 s.h.)
- Communications (6-7 s.h.)
- Math & Science (14-15 s.h.)
- Social and Behavioral Science (9 s.h.)
- History/Humanities/Language (6 s.h.)
Non-Program Electives (13-15 s.h.)
- Additional course work from departments outside of the Rohrer College of Business summing to a total of 53 semester hours of General Education.
II. Free Electives (7 s.h.)
- Students must fulfill additional Rowan Experience requirements for courses identified as Writing Intensive (WI), Laboratory Science (LAB), Multi-Cultural/Global (MC/G), Literature (LIT), Rowan Seminar (RS), Public Speaking (PS), and Artistic and Creative Experience (ACE). These courses typically fall under general education or non-program electives.
III. Major Requirements (63 s.h.)
Business Core Requirements (27 s.h.)
- MKT09.200 Principles of Marketing (3 s.h.)
- ACC 03.210 Principles of Accounting I (3 s.h.)
- ACC 03.211 Principles of Accounting II (3 s.h.)
- MGT 98.242 Legal Environment of Business (3 s.h.)
- MGT 06.300 Organizational Behavior (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.234 Management Information Systems (3 s.h.)
- FIN 04.300 Principles of Finance (3 s.h.)
- MGT 06.305 Operations Management (3 s.h.)
- MGT 06.402 Business Policy(3 s.h.)
Required Courses in MIS (30 s.h.)
- MIS 02.330 Business Systems (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.338 Design of Database Systems (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.336 Advanced Database Management (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.332 Principles of Systems Design (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.428 Business Web Applications (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.333 E-Business: IS Perspective-WI (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.325 Project Management (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.327 Network Management (3 s.h.)
- MIS 02.450 MIS Capstone Experience (3 s.h.)
- MGT 06.330 Managing International Business (3 s.h.) or MKT09.379 International Marketing
- Restricted Elective (6 s.h.)
- Restricted electives can be any two courses that meet one of the following requirements:
- Choice of any non-required course offered by the College of Business, excluding any internship other than the MIS Supervised Internship (MIS 02.234).
- Any course that is part of the Computer Science minor.
- Or Permission of academic advisor.
IV. Total Credits in Program (120 s.h.)