Faculty Scholarship 1994 - Present

You Haze, I Sue: A Fraternity Stew

A male student who was bound with duct tape and barricaded in a room was rescued from a fire early Saturday morning at the Sigma Nu fraternity house at Washington State University. No one was injured in the fire, which left the residence uninhabitable...The student was found by firefighters who were checking that everyone had left the building, and was not in a wing of the house where the blaze began. [A university spokesperson]...said that hazing was 'strictly against the rules' and that the student appeared to be the victim of 'someone playing a prank.'