College of Communication & Creative Arts - Writing Arts
Writing Arts Undergraduate Programs
The undergraduate major in Writing Arts provides students an in-depth understanding of the multiple facets of written communication. Through a variety of courses and learning experiences, students develop their awareness of writing's theoretical foundations and practical applications. As one of the few departments of writing in the U.S., Writing Arts is uniquely positioned to help students learn to communicate effectively within our dynamic culture.
- General Education Requirements
- Departmental Recommendations for Fulfilling Gen Eds and Other Departmental Requirements
- Online Course Catalog
Liberal Studies: Humanities/Social Science Program Sequence B in Writing Arts
B.A./M.A. Dual Degree Program (4 + 1)
About the Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I become a Writing Arts Major?
- What can I do with my free electives (for primary majors)?
- What job opportunities are available for Writing Arts majors?
- Why should I consider study abroad as part of my program?
- What College of Communication & Creative Arts student organizations can I join?
- How do I find out who my advisor is? Your advisor's name can now be found via GRAD, which you can access through your Banner account.
For further information, contact
Undergraduate Programs Coordinator