College of Communication & Creative Arts
Scholarships in the College of Communication & Creative Arts
The August Bagin - Richard Ambacher, Sr. Memorial Scholarships
A $1500 scholarship for one outstanding student accepted as an incoming freshman and one outstanding student accepted as an incoming transfer student majoring in Advertising, Art, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Radio/TV/Film, Studio Art, or Writing Arts.
Application deadline: April 24, 2016
Notification date: May 15, 2016
For an application form, contact:
Dr. Suzanne FitzGerald
Bagin-Ambacher Scholarship Committee
College of Communication
201 Mullica Hill Rd.
Glassboro, NJ 08028-1701
Or click here.
The Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia Scholarship
Each year, the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia award scholarships to area Delaware Valley college students majoring in Communication. For more information, visit their website.
The David Cromie Communication Scholarship
• Student must be a major in a Communication department
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Minimum 75 credit hours completed at time of application
• Outstanding work in the study of Communication
• Contribution to Rowan University and/or the College of Communication & Creative Arts
• Applications due February (exact date varies from year to year)
• Applicant must submit:
- Brief statement (150-200 words) on how the applicant meets the criteria
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty, staff, or administrators—at least one of which must be from a Rowan COC faculty member.
- A sample of the applicant’s work (paper, film, video, etc.)
For more information, contact Dr. Ed Streb, Department Chair of Communication Studies, at email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The initial selection committee will consist of Dave’s friends in the College of Communication & Creative Arts. As committee members retire, they will be replaced so that the committee will eventually have one representative from each department in the college. There will be only one scholarship winner per year. The committee may, at its discretion, award up to 3 “finalist” certificates. The committee will honor the recipient at lunch.