- Learning Asian Languages through the National Security Education Program
The National Security Agency sponsors a program that provides up to $8000 per year for college students at all levels to travel abroad and study foreign languages, especially non-European languages. Students who are interested in learning Asian languages by studying in an Asian country can apply for the grant.
- Going to Asia through the Council on International Educational Exchange
The Council for International Educational Exchange offers a variety of opportunities for students who are interested in teaching and working in Asia on both long and short term basis.
- Teaching English in Asia through the State Department
The State Department has information about finding a short-term and long-term teaching position in Asian countries and other employment opportunities.
- Teaching English in Asia through the World Teach Program
Run by Harvard University, the Worldteach program offers an excellent opportunity for students to teach in Asia on short term basis. It is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning an Asian language while living and working in its culture.
- Joining the Peace Corps and Traveling to Asia
The Peace Corps recruits people from different backgrounds and offers an excellent opportunity for students to travel to Asia on a short term basis.
- Looking for a Job in Asia
This page provides information and links about opportunities for working abroad in various capacities.
- Asian and Asian American Music
This page introduces to a variety of musics composed by Asian musicians and/or Asian-American musicians. It is up to date and fun to browse if you are interested in Asian culture in general.