Facts for Exploratory Studies Students
Did you know……
- ...that most careers are not tied to a specific college major?
- ...that many people who choose a major in their freshman year change it several times more before graduating?
- ...that approximately 70% of today’s college graduates in the workforce are not working in the area they chose as a major?
- ...that some colleges do not let anyone choose a major their first year?
- ...up to one-third of first-year students at Rowan enter in the Exploratory Studies Program.
- ...some students who enter Rowan with a declared major switch into Exploratory Studies once they realize their career selection was premature.
- ...Exploratory Studies gives students time to explore their interests and available majors.
- ...Exploratory Studies provides a combination of courses and activities designed to assist students while they explore their options.
- ...For those students hoping to get into a very selective major, Exploratory Studies offers the opportunity to explore not only their first career of choice, but alternative majors as well.
- ...ESP students may take up to 60 credits (junior year) before declaring a major. At the end of this time if they have not chosen a major, they will be assigned to a major within the Liberal Studies: Humanities/Social Science Program.