Exploratory Studies Services
Many freshmen feel pressured to choose a major as soon as they arrive on campus. But choosing a major too soon may prevent students from exploring their interests and possibilities that would fit into their personal profiles. A choice made too quickly could make it necessary to change majors later on, sometimes several times.
- Exploratory Studies provides specially selected academic courses in combination with linked programs offered through the Residential Learning Program.
- Exploratory Studies is a state of mind as well as a major. There are many individuals, tools, and programs on campus that we can point you to. You can learn a lot at Rowan about where you fit into the world of work, as well as a major to get you there.
Exploratory Studies staff are here to help you find the resources and information to help you find your major. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And watch for special programs on this web site.
Exploratory Studies Program (ESP) Workshop
ESP Workshop is a co-curricular experience designed for all new students in the Exploratory Studies Program. Students learn how to explore careers and how to choose and register for courses. You can meet representatives from academic programs to get your questions answered.
ESP students also have the opportunity to earn Registration Express, a privilege that allows you to register for your spring courses one week earlier than other freshmen – with the sophomores.
ESP Workshop for fall semester 2013 will be held on Thursdays from 1:45-3:00 in Boyd Concert Hall in Wilson Hall.
ESP Workshop Schedule for web Fall 2013
- All Exploratory Studies Students receive academic advisement services at the University Advising Center (UAC) located on the 3rd floor in Savitz Hall. This office is an important resource for all Rowan students. Students are encouraged to set up an appointment to discuss course selection prior to completing registration. UAC advisors can also assist students with major and career exploration, including self-assessments.
- Visit the UAC website for more information.
- For academic advising questions: 856.256.4459 or email@example.com