Geography & Environment: Students & Alumni
Rowan Geography & Environment Programs
Want to learn more about the Geography & Environment experience from a student's perspective? "Rowan Geography & Environment Programs:
A view from Our Students" is a short video that includes recent testimonials from our department graduates.
Get involved with Geography & Environment
Join the Geography Club to get involved with interesting geography enthusiats at Rowan University. The club often organizes adventurous hikes and walks around the region. Anyone interested in joining should contact Rich Federman.
One of the key components that our students expect to gain from Rowan University is the opportunity to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world. In honor of this effort, the department would like to showcase some of their excellent work. Click an academic semester link below for more information:
Congratulations to the Class of 2015!
The Department of Geography & Environment would like to congratulate our Class of 2015. There are over 40 students graduating this spring and we are very proud of this dynamic group of young geographers and environmentalists! *We have also included our Winter 2014 graduates who may be walking at Commencement.
From our four degree programs we have:
- Paul Clifton
- Joseph Coffee
- Kelsey Coia
- Andrew Del Duke
- Ryan Fischlein
- Jennifer Gizzi
- Patrick Malone
- Mark Paz
- Megan Pierman
- Joseph Ruiz
- Daniel Rynex
- Katherine Santos
- James Smietana
- Autumn Staats
- Zachary Troendle
- Seumas Trull
- Tania Verissimo
- Christopher Winters
- Andrew Zoccola
- Nicholas Cosenza
- Sarah Fuhrmeister
- Raymond Inzitari
- Vincent Lacovara
- Terra Luke
- Nicholas Rutkowski
- Ariana Stitzel
- Bryan Balog
- Andrew Barry
- Rachel Barton
- Stephanie Beck
- Caitlin Bell
- Kyle Carlson
- Christina Colameco
- Anthony Deon
- Matthew Feldman
- Taylor Gazdzik
- Jennifer Gizzi
- Debra Kelley
- Casey Kincaid
- Terra Luke
- Caitlin Montgomery
- Bridget Neary
- Nicole Schwartz
- Marissa Spoto
- Tyler Stewart
- Jemma Urban
- Shalayna Williams
- Rudisha Beattie
- Wil Diaz
- Bridget Neary
- Michael Pluta
- Marili Tapia
Congratulations to all students on the wonderful achievement of graduation. We thank you for contributing to the success of our department and encourage you to continue living our motto: to understand the world, protect the environment and create a sustainable future.
Awards & Honors
The department would also like to congratulate the following 2015 award winners:
Mr. Anthony Deon - College of Humanities and Social Science Seniors of Distinction Award
Mr. Christopher Ale - Gregg Kaulfers scholarship
Miss Casey Kincaid - Medallion Award for outstanding Environmental Studies major
Mr. Vincent Lacovara -Medallion for GIS Excellence – Sponsored by Richard Scott
Mr. Joshua Schmid - Marius Livingston Outstanding Junior
Mr. Connor Hornibrook - Marvin Creamer Scholarship
The Delaware Valley Geography Association awards were also presented to:
Miss Autumn Staats - Outstanding Geography student
Miss Marili Tapia - Outstanding Planning student
Miss Ariana Stitzel - Outstanding GIS student
Miss Bridget Neary - Outstanding Environmental Studies student
Our Geography and Environmental Studies graduates are employed in a variety of exciting professions throughout the country. Below are just a few examples of our successful alumni:
- Tim Brill works for the Department of environmental protection, where he uses geographical information systems to help identify farm parcels that are best suited for preservation under the State of New Jersey's farmland preservation program.
- Professor Kenneth Lacovera teaches geology at Drexel University in Philadelphia. For his research, he travels the world in search of dinosaur fossils. His work has taken him to Egypt, China, and Argentina. He is noted for having found the second largest dinosaur ever discovered.
- Kara Jo Witkowski is a marketing manager for ALK Associates, a company that produces software that aids trucking companies in finding the shortest, most fuel-efficient routes for use in delivering their shipments.
- Andy Rosen is president of a company that does market research and data tabulation. For his hobby, he travels the world in search of the ideal site for scuba diving.
- Don Evans spends his days working to ensure that our children and we will live in a world with cleaner air and cleaner water.