Jay E. Chaskes, Ph.D. (Temple Univ.)
p 856-256-4500 ext 3516
||1964 University of Toledo (Sociology)
||1968 Temple University (Sociology)
||1980 Temple University (Sociology)
||1992 Family Therapy, The Center For Contextual Therapy and Allied Studies
“Intersectionality and the Disability: Some Conceptual and Mehtodological Challenges.” In Sharon Barnartt, Barbara Altman (ed.) Disability and Intersecting Statuses in Research in Disability and Social Sciences, Volume 7, 47-59. London, UK. Emerald Publishing Group Limited. 2013.
“Advising New Students with Disabilities: Challenges and Opportunities.” Journal of College Orientation and Transition. 2011, 19: 37-48.
“Out of a Coma and into a Wheelchair.” In Sharon Barnartt, Disability as a Fluid State. Research in Social Science and Disability. Volume 5, 49-66. London, UK. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 2010.
“Advocating for First-Year Students.” In M. Lee Upcraft, John Gardner & Betsy Barefoot, Challenging and Supporting the First-Year Student: A Handbook for Improving the First Year of College, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2005. with Ralph Anttonen.
“Advocating for First-Year Students: A Study of the Micropolitics and Leadership of Organizational Change.” Journal of the First-Year Experience, 2002, 14: 81-96. with Ralph Anttonen.
- “Auditioning for Disability: The Role Others in the Moral Career of the Disabled”
77th Annual Eastern Sociological Society Meetings. Philadelphia, to be presented in March, 2007.
"Knocking Down the Walls: Teaching First-Year Students Truth, Trust and Responsibility" 26th Annual First-Year Experience Conference. Dallas, to be presented February 2007.
- "Learning as an Intrinsic Part of the Leadership Process" International Leadership Association, 7th International Conference, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, November 5, 2005. with Katherine A. Harris.
- "Maintaining First-Year Programs and Remaining Authentic." Annual Meeting of the National Resource Center for First-Year Experience, Phoenix, February, 2005. with Ralph Anttonen
- “Factors Influencing Success, Satisfaction and Self-Efficacy among Engineering Students." Innovation, Good Practice and Research in Engineering Education, University of Manchester, Wolverhampton, England. June, 2004 with James Haugh and James Newell
- “Programmatic Innovation and the Micropolitics of Organizational Change: A Postmodern Perspective on Leadership and Change in the Academy.” International Conference on Innovation in Higher Education. Kiev, Ukraine. May 16, 2003.
- “Leadership for Change: A Nuts and Bolts Practical Guide for Advocates.” Annual Meeting of the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience, Orlando, February, 2002
- “Getting The Job Done: What We Learned By Studying Award-Winning Advocates Who Create Programs For First-Year Students” International First-Year Experience Conference, University of Edinburgh, July 1999 Edinburgh, Scotland.
- “First-Year Seminar As An Integrated Component of Academic Courses: ‘Learning In Context’ As A Strategy For Socializing New Students” ( with M. Tahamont, B. Caswell and F. Adelson) International First-Year Experience Conference, University of Edinburgh, July 1999 Edinburgh, Scotland.