New Jersey Health Foundation and The Nicholson Foundation Award $50,000 Innovation Grant to Rowan University professor working to conquer peanut allergies | More
Retired from KPMG, Maginnis takes new role as voluntary Executive-in-Residence with RCB | More
Another big win: Rowan Radio picks up three Hermes Creative Awards | More
Rowan Medicine Joins New Jersey Innovation Institute to Improve Clinical Care in NJ | More
Celebrating the next generation of physicians and biomedical researchers | More
Office: Science Hall 201B
Coordinator, STEM Symposium
Biology 2: Concepts in Genetics
1995, Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Princeton University, NJ
Application of microbial genetics techniques to environmental and applied microbiology questions
• Mosto, P., M. Savelski, S.H. Farrell, and G.B. Hecht. 2007. Future of chemical engineering: Integrating biology into the undergraduate ChE curriculum. Chemical Engineering Education 41: 43-50.
• Holler, K., S. Farrell, G.B. Hecht, and P. Mosto. 2004. Integrating biological sciences into the lower level Chemical Engineering curriculum. Chemical Engineering Education 38: 108-112.
• Mire, C.E., J.A. Tourjee, W.F. O'Brien, K.V. Ramanujachary, and G.B. Hecht. 2004. Lead precipitation by Vibrio harveyi: Evidence for novel quorum sensing interactions. Applied & Environmental Microbiology 70: 855-864. Full text.
• Hecht, G.B., P. Mosto, and C.S. Slater (2003). Effectiveness of an applied microbiology course specifically designed for chemical engineering majors. Microbiology Education 4: 13-22. Full text.
• Burton, G.J., G.B. Hecht, and A. Newton (1997). Roles of the histidine protein kinase PleC in Caulobactermotility and chemotaxis. Journal of Bacteriology179: 5849-5853. Full text.
• Hecht, G.B., and A. Newton (1995). Identification of a novel response regulator required for the swarmer-to-stalked-cell transition in Caulobacter crescentus. Journal of Bacteriology 177: 6223-6229. Full text.
• Hecht, G.B., T. Lane, N. Ohta, J.M. Sommer, and A. Newton (1995). An essential single domain response regulator required for normal cell division and differentiation in Caulobacter crescentus. EMBO Journal 14: 3915-3924. Full text.
• Lane, T., A. Benson, G.B. Hecht, G. Burton, and A. Newton (1995). Switches and signal transduction networks in the Caulobacter crescentus cell cycle. In Signal Transducing Switches, J.A. Hoch and T.J. Silhavy, ed. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, DC.
• Newton, A., G.B. Hecht, T. Lane, and N. Ohta (1994). Role of histidine protein kinases and response regulators in cell division and polar morphogenesis in Caulobacter crescentus. In Cellular and Molecular Biology of Phosphate and Phosphorylated Compounds in Microorganisms, A.M. Torriani-Gorini, ed. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, DC.