8. Broad Spectrum Pro-Quorum-Sensing Molecules as Inhibitors of Virulence in Vibrios. Ng W.L.; Perez L.J.; Cong J.; Semmelhack M.F.; Bassler B.L. PLoS Pathogens, 2012, 8(6): e1002767. doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1002767
7. Small Molecule Probes of the Receptor Binding Site in the Vibrio cholerae CAI-1 Quorum Sensing Circuit.Bolitho, M.E.*; Perez, L.J.*; Koch, M.J.; Ng, W.L.; Bassler, B.B.; and Semmelhack, M.F. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2011, 19, 6906-6918. *Contributed equally.
6. Investigation of Vibrio cholerae autoinducer-1 biosynthesis - (S)-adenosylmethionine is the in vivo substrate for CqsA. Wei, Y.; Perez, L.J.; Ng, W.L.; Semmelhack, M.F.; and Bassler, B.L. ACS Chemical Biology 2011, 6, 356-365. This research made the journal cover!
5. Signal production and detection specificity in the Vibrio CqsA/CqsS quorum-sensing systems Ng, W.L.; Perez, L.J.; Wei, Y.; Kraml, C.; Semmelhack, M.F. 2011, 79, 6, 1407-1417. This work was highlighted in: Winans, S.C. “A new family of quorum sensing pheromones synthesized using S-adenosylmethionine and Acyl-CoAs” Molecular Microbiology, 2011, 79, 6, 1403-1406.
4. Probing bacterial transmembrane histidine kinase receptor–ligand interactions with natural and synthetic molecules. Ng, W.L.; Wei, Y.; Perez, L.J.; Cong, J.; Long, T.; Koch, M.J.; Semmelhack, M.F.; Wingreen, N.S.; and Bassler, B.L. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010, 107, 12, 5575-5580.
3. Stereoselective Synthesis of Trisubstituted (E,E)-1,3-Dienes by the Site-Selective Reductive Cross-Coupling of Internal Alkynes with Terminal Alkynes: A Fragment Coupling Reaction for Natural Product Synthesis. Perez, L.J.; Shimp, H.L.; and Micalizio, G.C. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2009, 74, 7211-7219. This work was published as a selected "Featured Article" and was highlighted in: ChemInform, 2010, 41, 7.
2. Titanium-Mediated Fragment Union Processes in Complex Molecule Synthesis: Development of a Branched Reaction Pathway of High Step Economy for the Synthesis of Complex and Diverse Polyketides. Perez, L.J. and Micalizio, G.C. Synthesis, 2008, 4, 627-648. This work was published as an invited "Featured Article".
1. Bistratamides E-J, Modified Cyclic Hexapeptides from the Philippines Ascidian Lissoclinum bistratum. Perez, L.J. and Faulkner, D.J. Journal of Natural Products 2003, 66, 247-250.