The following summarizes and expounds on the information found at the
State of New Jersey's web page for teacher licensing.
Teachers seeking initial NJ teaching licenses
Requirements for standard instructional licenses
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- GPA 2.75 needed as per State Requirements
- Passing score in Praxis II/NTE Programs Specialty Area test(s).
- Completion of at least thirty (30) credits in a coherent major in the instructional subject teaching field (see below).
- And successful completion of one of the following:
- The alternate route Provisional Teacher Program.
- A state approved college teacher preparation program and one year of full time mentored teaching under a New Jersey provisional license.
- A state approved college teacher preparation program and one year of full time teaching under a valid out of state license.
NJ licensed teachers seeking additional subject teaching endorsements
Holders of a standard N.J. instructional license (except teachers of Military Science and non-degree teachers of Vocational Education) will be issued additional standard instructional licenses when the following is completed:
- Completion of at least thirty (30) credits in a coherent major in the instructional subject teaching field. (See Below)
- A passing score on the required licensure test.
Note: A conherent major in math could be construed to be the core requirements in
our B.A. degree model but with College Geometry also included.
Calculus I 4
Calculus II 4
Calculus III 4
Linear Algebra 3
**Ordinary Differential Equations 3
Modern Algebra I 3
**Introduction to Real Analysis 3
Introduction to Probability & Statistics 3
**Mathematics Seminar (Senior Standing) 3
*Please note that many of these courses may require prequisite courses
**When deciding wich courses to skip, use these as a guideline.