College of Science & Mathematics
MAA-NJ Meeting in conjunction with 11th Annual GSUMC
Date: Saturday, April 5
The Department of Mathematics and the College of Science and Mathematics are proud to host the spring 2014 New Jersey Sectional Meeting of The Mathematical Association of America on Saturday, April 5, 2014 in conjunction with the 11th Garden State Undergraduate Mathematics Conference.
We are privileged to have three nationally acclaimed distinguished speakers to furnish invited addresses. The speakers are:
- Rick Cleary of Babson College whose address is entitled Some Non-Standard Applications of Mathematics and Statistics to Sports
- Laura Taalman of James Madison University whose talk is entitled Making Mathematics Real: Knot Theory, Experimental Mathematics, and 3D Printing
- Frank Morgan of Williams College presenting on Optimal Pentagonal Tilings
To complete the MAA-NJ portion of the conference, there will be three contributed fifteen minute parallel paper sessions presented by faculty:
- History of Mathematics organized by Lawrence D'Antonio of Ramapo College of New Jersey
- Statistics: Pedagogy and Practice organized by Dexter Whittinghill of Rowan University and Mathematics
- Magic and Mystery organized by Paul von Dohlen of William Patterson University.
GSUMC participants will compete in an undergraduate mathematics competition as well as furnish a poster session and give student talks. For additional information, please check the section's website: https://www.maa.org/newjersey. For an exciting mathematical experience, please join us!
Please join us for an exciting mathematical experience!
Event Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Event Location: Bozorth Hall
Location: Bozorth Hall