College of Education - Early Childhood Demonstration Center
- Children should be dressed in clothing appropriate for the current weather.
- Please send your child with a light blanket and fitted sheet (crib sheets work well), if you child is spending nap time with us.
- Children should have a complete set of clothing in the event of an accident. Please send a change of clothes along with a pair of shoes and socks.
- If you plan for your child to eat with us, it is important for you to arrive promptly since we eat in groups. Students are required to bring their own lunch; morning and afternoon snack are provided. Children help in the clean up process at all meal times.
- Your child’s birthday can be celebrated at our Center during lunch/snack time. Please plan the celebration with the teachers ahead of time. Candy is not permitted.
- All food allergies should be reported to the Center immediately.
- Parents are required to give us working phone numbers where they can be reached along with emergency numbers.
- Please read carefully all materials the school sends home.
- In the winter, please send coat, boots, snow pants, hats and mittens that are labeled with your child’s name.
The Center adheres to developmentally appropriate practice for the social and emotional development of young children. A goal of the Center is to help young children develop social interaction and group behavior skills. This is accomplished in the following ways:
- Children assist with making clear and concise rules and limits
- Adults anticipate and redirect inappropriate behaviors
- Adults remind children of expectations, rules and limits
- Adults help children use words to express anger, resolve conflicts and express needs and desires
- Adults will assist children in conflict resolution process
A conference will be held with parents should serious inappropriate behaviors occur during the preschool day.
We ask that you contact the Center to report an absence.
The Center closes at 5:30 p.m. each school day. Please be advised of the importance of picking students up from the Center promptly at 5:30 p.m. each school day. Parents who arrive late to pick students up from the Center will be charged $10 for the first 15 minutes after 5:30 p.m. and $5 for every 15 minutes thereafter.