College of Education - Office of Field Experiences
Office of Field Experiences
The Office of Field Experiences is located in the College of Education Advising Center in Herman D. James Hall, 2nd floor. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The major focus of the Office of Field Experiences is the placement of students requiring field experience in a school or clinical setting. The office also provides orientation sessions for collaborating teachers who will be mentoring Rowan's teacher candidates.
All candidates in a certification program must provide proof of passing Praxis I scores prior to entering junior courses or field experiences. Praxis I due dates are:
- Fall – Must be taken and passed by April 1 to be admitted into September field experiences (i.e., Growth & Learning K-3/B-5, Practicum A, Teaching and Learning A, Curriculum & Assessment, and Junior Field)
- Spring - Must be taken and passed by November 1 to be admitted into January field experiences (i.e., Growth & Learning K-3/B-5, Practicum A, Teaching and Learning A, Curriculum & Assessment, and Junior Field)
- Passing scores must be on file in the College of Education Advising Center by the close of EARLY REGISTRATION (April for Fall and November for Spring)
- To be eligible for certification and clinical practice you must meet the new test score requirements. Click here for more information on Praxis I and II
- The Praxis II due dates are:
- Fall Clinical Practice – Must be taken and passed by the end of November to be admitted into the following September Clinical Practice.
- Spring Clinical Practice - Must be taken and passed by the end of August to be admitted into the following January Clinical Practice.
Additional Helpful Information (click here)
- Janeen Butcher, Field Placement Coordinator; 856.256.4765; email@example.com
- Michele Trush, Placement Specialist; 856.256.4724; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connie Raffa, Placement Assistant; 856.256.4725; email@example.com
- Karen Susie, Placement Assistant; 856-256-4224; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn Schulde, Secretary; 856-256-4420; email@example.com
- Laurie Haines, Certification Specialist; 856.256.4726; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Gloria J. Hill, Director of Field Experiences; 856.256.4797; email@example.com
Center Fax number: 856-256-5624