College of Education - About the College
Rowan Urban Teacher Academy
Lisa Vernon-Dotson, PhD, Director, RUTA
Associate Dean, Professor
July 20 - July 31, 2015
The College of Education at Rowan University is pleased to announce that the Rowan Urban Teacher Academy (RUTA 2015) will be held July 20-31 at the Rowan University-Camden Campus. RUTA is offered to rising high school juniors and seniors (those who will be entering their junior or senior year in Fall 2015) and who are considering teaching as a profession.
There is no fee for this program; Meals are provided.
RUTA 2015 provides opportunities for:
- Gaining an understanding of urban education
- Meeting and working with Rowan faculty, educational leaders from the field, and practicing teachers
- Working with young children in urban settings
- Planning and teaching meaningful, hands-on learning activities for young children
- Practicing the art and science in teaching (or learning) with children
- Acquiring experience prior to entering college
If interested, please complete the two-part application.
- Part I: Online Application CLICK HERE.
- Part II: Submission of the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “RUTA 2015”
- A letter of recommendation.
- A transcript of your high school grades.
- A short essay that includes an autobiographical sketch, why you want to be a teacher, and any related experiences (extracurricular, volunteer, or paid) you may have.
(RUTA Mentor Application for 2014 RUTA Alumni who are interested CLICK HERE.)