College of Education - Department of Health and Exercise Science
General Academic Advisor
Mr. Mel B. Pinckney is the advisor for each specialization and the academic coordinator for teacher certification majors! Students should meet with him each semester to have their schedules approved and verify that they are on track. Advisor's responsibilities are:
- transfer credits from other institutions
- fulfillment of General Education requirements
- fulfillment of requirements within the major
- qualification to begin field experience
- qualification to graduate
- verification of completed courses, recorded grades, academic standing and G.P.A.
Robert Sterner, Ph.D.
(856) 256-4500, ext.3767
Leslie Spencer, Ph.D.
(856) 256-4500 x 3761
Mr. Pinckney, Dr. Sterner, and Dr. Spencer are faculty coordinators for the specialization programs! Their responsibilities are:
- deal with description and content of courses within the specialization
- Career planning and student organizations
- Choosing graduate schools and potential jobs
- Provide information on field experiences, sites, monitor supervisors & cooperating site personnel
- Students should begin planning ONE YEAR prior to their intended start date.