College of Education - B.S. Athletic Training
1. Successful Completion of Clinical Assignments. Students will gain clinical experiences with a variety of diverse populations including genders, upper extremity and lower extremity dominant physical activities, sports using different protective equipment (i.e., helmets and shoulder pads), and medical conditions over a minimum of two academic years from entering the Professional Phase of the ATEP. Students must pass all clinical proficiency and affective evaluations provided by the student’s respective Approved Clinical Instructors (ACI) before being eligible to graduate. The clinical education grade is recorded within the class Residency in Athletic Training I-IV grade.
2. Successful Completion of all RUATEP’s coursework. Since coursework is structured around the NATA Competencies and Clinical Proficiencies, successful completion of coursework indicates successful completion and Proficiency of these academic requirements. The student can receive no grade lower than a C in any athletic training major coursework and no grade lower than a C- in any other class (including General Education courses). In instances where students do not receive the minimum grade, the course(s) must be repeated before being able to graduate.
3. Successful Completion of Senior Proficiency Examination. Students must receive a 75% or higher on both the written and the practical portions to be able to graduate from the RUATEP. These exams are part of you Clinical Techniques in Athletic Training IV grade.
4. GPA’s needed for graduation. Below are the minimum GPA’s needed to graduate from the RUATEP and Rowan University.
- 2.50 = Overall GPA
- 3.00 = Athletic Training Major