College of Education - Department of Teacher Education
Certificate of Graduate Study in Teaching and Learning
Maria Sudeck, Ph.D.
(856) 256-4500 x3805
Academic Advisor for CGCE
The Teaching and Learning COGS is designed for teachers who desire to develop and hone their leadership skills and who wish to remain in the classroom. The program approaches leadership from the perspectives of exemplary teaching, continuous learning for all, a need to balance change with stability and the importance of peaceful existence in a diverse community of learners. This COGS serves as the Core of the M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership.
The following Five Core Propositions of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) and three additional Principles identified by College of Education faculty provide the focus for the master's program:
- Teachers are committed to students and their learning.
- Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from their experience.
- Teachers are members of learning communities.
Rowan Program Principles
- Teachers account for the needs of culturally, linguistically, and cognitively diverse learners.
- Teachers are change agents, teacher leaders, and partners with colleagues.
- Teachers use technology to facilitate student learning and their own professional development.
This program is offered online through Global Learning and Partnerships of Rowan University. Please click HERE for more information.
For Financial Aid Information click here.