College of Education - Office of Field Experiences
Office of Field Experiences
The Office of Field Experiences is located in The Student Services Center in Herman D. James Hall, on the 2nd floor and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The major focus of the Office of Field Experiences is the placement of students requiring field experience in a school or clinical setting. The office also provides orientation sessions for cooperating teachers who will be mentoring Rowan's teacher candidates.
All candidates in a certification program must provide the Student Services Center passing Praxis I scores prior to entering junior courses or field experiences. Praxis I due dates are:
- Fall – Must be taken and passed by April 1 to be admitted into September field experiences (i.e., Growth & Learning K-3/B-5, Practicum A, Teaching and Learning A, Curriculum & Assessment, and Junior Field)
- Spring - Must be taken and passed by November 1 to be admitted into January field experiences (i.e., Growth & Learning K-3/B-5, Practicum A, Teaching and Learning A, Curriculum & Assessment, and Junior Field)
- Passing scores must be on file in the Student Services Center by the close of EARLY REGISTRATION (April for Fall and November for Spring)
- To be eligible for certification and clinical practice you must meet the new test score requirements. Click here for more information on Praxis I and II
- The Praxis II due dates are:
- Fall Clinical Practice – Must be taken and passed by the end of November to be admitted into the following September Clinical Practice.
- Spring Clinical Practice - Must be taken and passed by the end of August to be admitted into the following January Clinical Practice.
Therefore, it is important to complete your content knowledge courses, schedule and pass the appropriate PRAXIS II test the semester prior to applying for clinical practice to ensure your eligibility for clinical practice.