Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Boys' Engineering, Science and Technology (BEST) Workshop
BEST is designed to expose boys to the broad field of engineering. The Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering invites current middle school boys, those entering the 7th, 8th and 9th grades Fall 2015, to learn about the exciting field of engineering from Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering faculty, staff and students. The workshop focuses on hands-on engineering laboratory experiments and professionalism. BEST will cultivate young boys' interest in engineering through an applied approach to engineering, exposure to the diverse paths an engineer can take and the impact an engineer can have in shaping the future.
The cost of the one-day, non-residential BEST program is $50, which includes a pizza lunch. The deadline to apply for BEST is May 15, 2015. For more information contact email@example.com.
There will be three sessions available in 2015.
Session 1: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Session 2: Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Session 3: Thursday, July 16, 2015
Register, choose your date and pay for BEST here
- Registration will not secure your seat in the BEST program. Seats are limited and payment is the only way to secure your spot. If you register but do not pay, you are not guaranteed a spot in the BEST program
- Bring payment confirmation, printed or an electronic screen shot, with you to your BEST session
The only way to secure a seat in the BEST program is to submit payment after registration. If registration is complete but payment is not, your seat will NOT be reserved.
For registration questions contact:
Registration and payment must be submitted by May 15, 2015.
Boys currently in 6th, 7th or 8th grade (entering 7th, 8th and 9th grade in Fall 2015) are eligible.
- Seats are limited to 50 per session.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Overnight accommodations are not provided.
- A pizza lunch will be served or the student is welcome to bring a brown-bag lunch
- A $50 non-refundable workshop fee is required at time of registration
- Safety requires that all students wear closed-toe shoes and long pants to your BEST session