Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Boys' Engineering, Science and Technology (BEST) Workshop
BEST is designed to expose boys to the broad field of engineering. The Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering invites current middle school boys, those entering the 7th and 8th grades in Fall 2017, to learn about the exciting field of engineering from Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering faculty, staff and students. The workshop focuses on hands-on engineering laboratory experiments and professionalism. BEST will cultivate young boys' interest in engineering through an applied approach to engineering, exposure to the diverse paths an engineer can take and the impact an engineer can have in shaping the future.
The cost of the one-day, non-residential BEST program is $50, which includes a pizza lunch. The deadline to apply for BEST is May 11, 2017.
There will be three sessions available in 2017.
Session 1: Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Session 2: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Session 3: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Register for BEST here
The only way to secure a seat in the BEST program is to submit payment after registration. If registration is complete but payment is not, your seat will NOT be reserved.
For registration questions contact:
Registration and payment must be submitted by May 11, 2017.
Boys currently in 6th or 7th grade (entering 7th and 8th grade in Fall 2017) are eligible.
- Seats are limited to 25 per session.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Overnight accommodations are not provided.
- A pizza lunch will be served or the student is welcome to bring a brown-bag lunch
- A $50 non-refundable workshop fee is required at time of registration
- Safety requires that all students wear closed-toe shoes and long pants to your BEST session