Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Rowan's Introduction for Students to Engineering (RISE)
July 11, 12 & 13, 2017
Rowan's Introduction for Students to Engineering (RISE) is a three-day, non-residential workshop experience that features laboratory clinics, exciting engineering activities, campus & industry tours, and mentoring by Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering professors and students. Students from high schools throughout the region may work with chocolate, polymers, arduinos, asphalt, wind turbines, bottle rockets, air cannons or music engineering during the hands-on engineering RISE workshop. In addition, a tour of the South Jersey Technical Park, including a virtual reality CAVE demo, is typically included in the RISE workshop.
This is the 11th year that the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering will offer the RISE workshop. RISE has continued to cultivate interested high schoolers' enthusiasm for engineering through an applied approach to engineering, exposure to the diverse paths an engineer can take and the impact engineers will have in shaping the future.
The cost of this three-day, non-residential program is $300, which includes lunch. The deadline to apply to RISE is May 1, 2017.
- Visit the student application page (below "Apply here" link) to complete all requested information by May 1, 2017
- Accepted candidates will be notified mid-May 2017 and will receive additional consent forms to be completed and payment instructions, both due by June 1, 2017
- Payment from accepted candidates is required by June 1, 2017, or your RISE seat will be forfeited to a wait-listed applicant
- Declined and wait-listed applicants will be notified mid-May 2017
For registration questions contact:
Application must be submitted by May 1, 2017.
- If accepted, a $300 non-refundable workshop fee is required by June 1, 2017.
Current high school students (9th, 10th & 11th grades) are eligible.
- Seats are limited to 25.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Overnight accommodations are not provided.
- Lunch will be served each day or the student is welcome to bring a brown-bag lunch.
- Safety requires that all students wear closed-toe shoes and long pants to RISE.