Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering – Electrical & Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering Curriculum for Students Starting Fall 2012
|Freshman Engineering Clinic I (ENGR 01.101)||2||Freshman Engineering Clinic II (ENGR 01.102)||2|
|College Composition I (ENGL 01.111)||3||Computer Sci. & Prog (CS 04.103)||4|
|Accelerated Calculus I (MATH 01.140)||4||Accelerated Calculus II (MATH 01.141)||4|
|Advanced Col. Chemistry I (CHEM 06.105)||4||Introductory Mechanics I (PHYS 00.220)||4|
|Digital I (ECE 09.241)||3||General Education (Gen Ed) I1||3|
|Sophomore Engineering Clinic I (ENGR 01.201) with College Composition II||4||Sophomore Engineering Clinic II (ENGR 01.202) with Public Speaking||4|
|Math for Eng. Analysis I (MATH 01.235)||4||Math for Engineering Analysis II (MATH 01.236)||4|
|Intro Elec. & Mag. (PHYS 00.222)||4||Data Structures for Engineers (CS04.225)||3|
|Electrical Circuit Analysis (ECE 09.203)||4||Computer Architecture (ECE 09.243)||3|
Electronics I (ECE 09.311)
|Junior Engineering Clinic I (ENGR 01.301)||2||Junior Clinic II (ENGR 01.302)||2|
|Signals & Systems (ECE 09.341)||2||Systems & Control I (ECE 09.321)||3|
|Digital II: Microp. (ECE 09.342)||3||Digital Signal Processing (ECE 09.351)||3|
|Engineering EMAGS(ECE 09.303)||3||ECE Modules (ECE 09.363)||1|
|ME for ECEs (ME 10.320)||3||CpE Elective4||3|
|Microeconomics, ECON 04.102 Gen Ed / Rowan Exp II||3||Gen Ed / Rowan Exp III1||3|
|Senior Engineering Clinic I (ENGR 01.401)||2||Senior Engineering Clinic II (ENGR 01.402) (WI1)||2|
|Engineering Clinic Consultant I (ECE 09.460)||1||Engineering Clinic Consultant II (ECE 09.462)||1|
|ECE 09.312 - Electronics II: VLSI Design (CpE Core Elective4)||3||Seminar: Frontiers (ECE 09.498)||1|
|Electrical Communication Systems (ECE 09.433)||3||ECE Elective4||3|
|EE Core Elective4||3||Technology Focus Elective5||3|
|Technology Focus Elective5||3||General Education IV1||3|
|General Education V1||3|
Total Program Credits: 128
Courses listed in bold face need to be completed with a minimum grade higher than D+ (C or C-, depending on the course) to satisfy the prerequisites of one or more subsequent courses.
- General Education courses chosen to satisfy banks of Social and Behavioral Science (SBS), 6 SCH; History, Humanities, and Language (HHL), 6 SCH; and Artistic and Creative Experience (ACE), 3 SCH. Also must satisfy Multicultural/Global (MC/G), Literature (LIT), and Writing Intensive (WI) requirements.
- Java-based language course if available.
- Clinic consultant is a 1-hour experience guided by the ECE Discipline Managers.
- Computer Engineering (CpE), Electrical Engineering (EE), and Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) electives are chosen w/ consent of advisor to meet student and program goals. CpE electives may include approved CS courses. ECE 09.321 - Electronics II: VLSI Design
- Technology Focus Electives are chosen w/ consent of advisor to meet student and program goals and are typically multidisciplinary engineering or interdisciplinary courses.
Revised June 2013.
For Class of 2016 and beyond.