Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Nidhal Bouaynaya received the BS degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the Ecole Nationale Superieure de l'Electronique et de ses Applications (ENSEA), France, in 2002, the MS degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, in 2002, the Diplome d'Etudes Approfondies (DEA) in Signal and Image Processing from ENSEA, France, in 2003, the MS degree in Mathematics and the PhD degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Illinois at Chicago, in 2007. From 2007-2013, she was an Assistant and Associate Professor at the University of Arkansas, Little Rock. In Fall 2013, she joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ. Her research interests are in signal, image and video processing, genomic signal processing and mathematical biology. She received the Best Student Paper Award in SPIE Visual Communication and Image Processing 2006. She is a member of the IEEE.
Office: 136 Rowan Hall
For a complete list, please see
- Nidhal Bouaynaya, Roman Shterenberg, Dan Schonfeld and Hassan M Fathallah-Shaykh, "Intervention and Control of Gene Regulatory Networks: Theoretical Framework and Application to Human Melanoma Gene Regulation", Statistical Diagnostics for Cancer - Analyzing High-Dimensional Data, Frank Emmert-Streib and Matthias Dehmer (Eds.), Wiley-Blackwell, 2013
- Yasir Rahmatallah, Nidhal Bouaynaya and Seshadri Mohan, "Bit Error Rate Performance of Companding Transforms for OFDM", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, accepted, 2013.
- Nidhal Bouaynaya, Roman Shterenberg and Dan Schonfeld, "Optimal Perturbation Control of General Topology Molecular Networks", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 1733-1742, April 2013.
- Nidhal Bouaynaya, Roman Shterenberg and Dan Schonfeld, "Methods for Optimal Intervention in Gene Regulatory Networks", IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 29, no.1, pp. 158 - 163, January 2012.
- N. Bouaynaya, M. Charif-Chefchaouni, and D. Schonfeld, "M-Idempotent and Self-Dual Morphological Filters", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 805-813, April 2012.
- T. A. Elwi, H. M. Al-Rizzo, N. Bouaynaya, M. M. Hammood, and Y. Al-Naiemy, " Theory of gain enhancement of uc-PBG antenna structures without invoking Maxwell's equations: an array signal processing approach", Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, vol.34, pp.15-30, 2011.
- N. Bouaynaya, R. Shterenberg and D. Schonfeld, "Inverse Perturbation for Optimal Intervention in Gene Regulatory Networks", Bioinformatics, vol. 27, no.1, pp. 103-110, 2011.
- Ghulam Rasool, Kamran Iqbal, Nidhal Bouaynaya and Gannon White " neural drive Estimation Using the Hypothesis of Muscle Synergies and the State-Constrained Kalman Filter ", in the International IEEE EMBS Neural Engineering Conference, San Diego, California, November 2013.
- Jehandad Khan, Nidhal Bouaynaya and Hassan Fathallah-Shaykh "Compressive Kalman Filtering for Recovering Temporally-Rewiring Genetic Networks", in the European Signal Processing Conference, Marrakesh, Morocco, September 2013.
- Mohammed Mohammed-Rasheed, Nidhal Bouaynaya and Hassan Fathallah-Shaykh "A Combined Constraint Approach for Inference of Sparse Large-Scale Biomolecular Networks", in the International Conference on Control, Engineering & Information Technology, Sousse, Tunisia, June 2013.
- Petia Georgieva, Nidhal Bouaynaya, Lyudmila Mihaylova, and Filipe Silva "Bayesian Approach for Reconstruction of Moving Brain Dipoles", in the International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition, Povoa de Varzim, Portugal, June 2013.
- Haoyu Wang, Nidhal Bouaynaya, Roman Shterenberg and Dan Schonfeld "Sparse Biologically-Constrained Optimal Perturbation of Gene Regulatory Networks", in the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Vancouver, Canada, May 2013.
- Ghulam Rasool and Nidhal Bouaynaya "Inference of Time-Varying Gene Networks using Constrained and Smoothed Kalman Filtering", in IEEE International Workshop on Genomic Signal Processing and Statistics (GENSIPS), Washington, DC, December 2012.
- Ghulam Rasool, Nidhal Bouaynaya, Hassan Fathallah-Shaykh and Dan Schonfeld "Inference of Genetic Regulatory Networks Using Regularized Likelihood with Covariance Estimation", in IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop (SSP), Ann Arbor, August 2012
- Ghulam Rasool, Nidhal Bouaynaya and Kamran Iqbal, "Muscle Activity Detection From Myoelectric Signals Based on the AR-GARCH Model", in IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop (SSP), Ann Arbor, August 2012.
- Petia Petia Georgieva, Lyudmila Mihaylova, Nidhal Bouaynaya and Lakhmi Jain "Particle Filters and Beamforming for EEG Source Estimation", in IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Australia, June 2012.