Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Electrical & Computer Engineering
The ECE Program provides a balance of depth and breadth in topics appropriate to the areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering as articulated by the Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE) in their program criteria developed with the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET: www.abet.org). Our program provides a foundation of mathematics, sciences, and the humanities, combined with engineering topics. The engineering topics in turn are selected to provide content appropriate to the areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering. The senior year is predominantly elective based. Students work with their advisor to select the courses that best fit student and program goals.
ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING CURRICULUM:
• Class of 2016 & Beyond
• ECE Curriculum Flowchart
MINOR IN ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING
An ECE minor represents an excellent opportunity for students in technical and scientific majors to expand their knowledge and employment opportunities. The minor would give undergraduate students from mathematics, the physical and biological sciences, and the other engineering disciplines the required background for pursuing graduate work in ECE at Rowan.
COMBINED BS IN ENGINEERING/MBA PROGRAM:
For the engineering student who plans to pursue a career in buisness, the University offers a combined degreee program for obtaining a BS in Engineering and an MBA. Students wishing to pursue the combined degree have several options, and may be able to complete the MBA program in one year and one summer, depending on when the student wants to start the program.
Completion of foundation courses
Application to the MBA program must have completed appropriate courses in mathematics, economics and various business areas. Some of these courses can be taken as part of the undergraduate engineering coursework while others can be taken during summers.
Planning is the Key
Once admitted into the Combined Program, students are assigned an advisor from the College of Engineering to assist them in designing a program of study to meet their needs. In the senior year, an additional advisor is assigned from MBA program.
BS in Engineering/MBA Guidelines
• Students who wish to enter the program during the freshman year should notify the Associate Dean of Engineering by March 1 of the year they wish to begin the program.
• Engineering students can be conditionally admitted to the MBA program as incoming freshman or at any time during their undergraduate programs.
Formal acceptance is granted after they meet all the standard MBA admissions requirements, which are:
1. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
2. A minimum Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of 450.
3. A total of at least 1050 points based on the following formula: (GPA * 200) + GMAT score >1050. An addtional 100 points can be awarded for approved managerial work experience.
4. Completion of required foundation courses before starting the MBA Program.
• The engineering degree is granted upon completing all requirements at the end of senior year.
• The MBA degree is granted upon completing all requirements with a grade point average of at least 3.0 in the MBA courses.(The work toward the MBA degree can be pursed as a part-time or full-time student.)
Interested students should contact the Associate Dean of Engineering at 856-256-5300
Minor in Computer Science for ECEs:
The requirements for the Computer Science Minor can be found at the following website:
Minor in Math for ECEs:
The requirements for the Math Minor can be found at the following website: http://www.rowan.edu/mars/depts/math/Advisements/minor.html
The Math Department specifically lists the requirements for Engineering majors.