Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
ME Program Advisement Policy
The Mechanical Engineering (ME) Program sees student advisement as crucial for student success in the Program, and as an integral component of faculty duties. The following policies have been developed to complement the general advising policies set forth by the College of Engineering.
Student Assignment to Advisors
- All entering freshmen are assigned to the ME Program Chair for advising purposes.
- Sophomore, Junior and Senior students are pooled together, and assigned academic advisors alphabetically by surname. Approximately equal numbers of students are assigned to each faculty member. Once assigned, the students remain with the faculty advisor for their remaining time in the program until graduation.
- Students intending on majoring in Mechanical Engineering, but officially are undeclared major or a different major, are advised by the Associate Dean until official change of major to the Program. Upon entrance to the ME Program, the student is assigned by the Program Chair to the appropriate advisor based on statement 1 or 2 above.
- Immediately upon entering the ME Program, transfer students are assigned by the Program Chair to the appropriate advisor based on statement 1 or 2 above.
- If a student wishes to change his/her advisor, the request should be made in writing to the ME Program Chair OR to the ME faculty member whom the student would prefer to have as advisor. The student, the original advisor, and the new advisor will be notified if the request is granted.
For further details, visit E.A.S.E. engineering advising website.