Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps in obtaining financial aid?
In order to be considered for financial aid each student must:
- Complete a FAFSA, which is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA cannot be completed before January 1 of the year during which you plan to attend CMSRU.
- Meet with the Financial Aid Office to complete a financial plan for the academic year. This plan will include loan application instructions and budgeting advice.
Who is eligible for Financial Aid?
To be eligible for Financial Aid, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold an Alien Registration Card (permanent resident card)
- Be in good academic standing once in school, and making satisfactory progress toward a degree
- Have a satisfactory credit record allowing you to obtain credit-based loans
- Have registered with the Selective Service if required to do so
- Have a valid social security number
- Certify that you have not previously defaulted on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant
- Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
Do I have to file a FAFSA?
In order to receive federal loan funding and be considered for CMSRU scholarship assistance, a student must file a FAFSA. Some external private scholarship sources may also require FAFSA information. However, if a student intends to pay for all educational expenses from personal or family resources only, a FAFSA is not required.
What is the FAFSA Title IV Code for Rowan University?
Do I have to file a FAFSA each year I am enrolled?
Yes, each student must re-file the FASFA every year in which he or she expects to apply for federal loans or a CMSRU scholarship.
Should I get a proof of mailing?
You should get a Certificate of Mailing from the U.S. Postal Service if you mail the FAFSA.
- If you file your FAFSA online, you will need to print out the signature page (if you do not have a Personal Identification Number) and both you and one of your parents (if you are dependent) will need to sign the signature page and mail it to the address indicated. Once your FAFSA is submitted via the Web, you will receive a confirmation number. You should print out the confirmation page as proof of FAFSA submission.
Who should I contact about Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits?
If you have any questions/concerns regarding the process and procedures for Veterans Affairs benefits, please contact Elizabeth Sosnoski, Veterans Affairs Coordinator at Rowan University-Glassboro Campus, Savitz Hall, 3rd Floor, (856) 256-4233 or email@example.com.
What is the maximum loan amount I can borrow for the academic year?
The total of scholarships and loans cannot exceed the cost of attendance for the program in which a student is registered.
When will I receive my loans?
If a loan application is completed and approved by the end of May, loan funds should be credited to the student account on the first day of the term or a few days earlier.
- Each loan is for one academic year, and one-half of the loan will be disbursed at the beginning of the academic year (fall) and one-half of the loan will be disbursed in the middle of the academic year (spring).
What is your Institution's policy regarding parental information?
- Parental income and asset information must be included on the FAFSA, unless the student is married (if applicable, income/assets for the spouse are required), in order to be considered for scholarships administered through CMSRU.
What happens if I receive aid from other resources, a corporation, parent's employment, religious organization, etc.?
Please notify our office on the CMSRU Institutional Form or submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are notified that you will receive outside scholarship and/or grant funding.
- The Financial Aid Office will review any outside aid a student receives to determine if the total amount of aid received exceeds the student's academic budget. Adjustments to the student's financial aid award package may be required.
How do I contact CMSRU's Financial Aid office?