Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps in obtaining financial aid?
In order to be considered for financial aid each student must:
- Complete a FAFSA, which is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA cannot be completed before January 1 of the year during which you plan to attend CMSRU.
- Meet with the Financial Aid Office to complete a financial plan for the academic year. This plan will include loan application instructions and budgeting advice.
Who is eligible for Financial Aid?
To be eligible for Financial Aid, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or hold an Alien Registration Card (permanent resident card)
- Be in good academic standing once in school, and making satisfactory progress toward a degree
- Have a satisfactory credit record allowing you to obtain credit-based loans
- Have registered with the Selective Service if required to do so
- Have a valid social security number
- Certify that you have not previously defaulted on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant
- Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
Do I have to file a FAFSA?
In order to receive federal loan funding and be considered for CMSRU scholarship assistance, a student must file a FAFSA. Some external private scholarship sources may also require FAFSA information. However, if a student intends to pay for all educational expenses from personal or family resources only, a FAFSA is not required.
What is the FAFSA Title IV Code for Rowan University?
Do I have to file a FAFSA each year I am enrolled?
Yes, each student must re-file the FASFA every year in which he or she expects to apply for federal loans or a CMSRU scholarship.
Should I get a proof of mailing?
You should get a Certificate of Mailing from the U.S. Postal Service if you mail the FAFSA.
- If you file your FAFSA online (which is the recommended method), you will need to print out the signature page (if you do not have a FSA ID) and you will need to sign the signature page and mail it to the address indicated. Once your FAFSA is submitted via the web, you will receive a confirmation number. You should print out the confirmation page as proof of FAFSA submission.
Who should I contact about Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits?
If you have any questions/concerns regarding the process and procedures for Veterans Affairs benefits, please contact Elizabeth Sosnoski, Veterans Affairs Coordinator at Rowan University-Glassboro Campus, Savitz Hall, 3rd Floor, (856) 256-4233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the maximum loan amount I can borrow for the academic year?
The total of scholarships and loans cannot exceed the cost of attendance for the program in which a student is registered.
When will I receive my loans?
If a loan application is completed and approved by the end of May, loan funds should be credited to the student account on the first day of the term or a few days earlier.
- Each loan is for one academic year, and one-half of the loan will be disbursed at the beginning of the academic year (fall) and one-half of the loan will be disbursed in the middle of the academic year (spring).
What is your Institution's policy regarding parental information?
- Parental income and asset information must be included on the FAFSA, unless the student is married (if applicable, income/assets for the spouse are required), in order to be considered for scholarships administered through CMSRU.
What happens if I receive aid from other resources, a corporation, parent's employment, religious organization, etc.?
Please notify our office on the CMSRU Institutional Form or submit an email to email@example.com if you are notified that you will receive outside scholarship, grant and/or loan funding.
- The Financial Aid Office will review any outside aid a student receives to determine if the total amount of aid received exceeds the student's academic budget. Adjustments to the student's financial aid award package may be required.
How do I contact CMSRU's Financial Aid office?