Regular Office Hours:
Mon: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Tue: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Wed: 7:30am - 6:00pm*
Thu: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
*We are open until 6pm the first 5 business days of fall and spring terms
Extended Drop/Add Office Hours
(Please see drop/add schedule to determine when these hours are in effect):
Mon: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Tue: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Wed: 7:30am - 6:00pm
Thu: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Women’s ACE Net to help Rowan women “build their ladder” | More
Rohrer College of Business, Kingsway school district establish partnership for future business leaders | More
Rowan Family Medicine physician selected judge for Miss America Competition | More
College of Education, Williamstown High School establish new academy program for aspiring teachers | More
Unearthing an ancient croc | More
One of the roles of the Office of the University Registrar is to establish registration deadlines for each of our four terms and to assist students, faculty, and staff with any registration-related needs (drop/add, withdrawal, overrides, etc.) for Rowan courses each term. We want to do all we can to make this a smooth and easy-to-navigate process. Please review the links below and please contact our Registration & Customer Service Team with any questions.
Registration & Customer Service Team Contact Information:
Registration Rules & Dates:
Registration Tips & Tools:
Back to top
UPDATES FROM THE UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR
- As of Spring 2016, the Office of the University Registrar will manage all registration-related issues for all Rowan students (including Rowan Global and GSBS) with the exception of medical students (RowanSOM and CMSRU).
- We accept emailed forms and approvals: To better serve our students and faculty, we will accept scanned/emailed forms and emailed approval signatures when necessary. (Ideally, the student still downloads, completes, and scans the proper form and emails it for approvals, so that all information is clearly included in the email chain by the time the Registrar receives it for processing.)
- Privacy and Email Information: Due to Federal regulations we are restricted from disclosing personal information to email accounts other than a Rowan Student or Faculty email account. If your inquiry requires a representative to view your Rowan records, please send an email through your Rowan email account in order to receive a detailed answer. (If you do not know your Rowan email account information, please visit http://www.rowan.edu/toolbox/ru_new/students/#email for students or http://www.rowan.edu/toolbox/ru_new/faculty_staff/#email for faculty/staff.)
- Wait-listing for Courses at Capacity: Colleges have the ability to identify courses for which they want to implement wait-listing. When students register into a wait-listed course which has reached capacity, they may place themselves on wait-list. Email notification is sent to the student's Rowan account when an available opening is identified. As more students are added to the list, a new section may be created at the direction of the offering college or department. This capability will enable departments and colleges to better anticipate and plan for course schedule needs each term. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top
REGISTRATION PERIODS & GENERAL INFORMATION
About Part of Term
- “Part of Term” is the 5th column in the Rowan Section Tally (http://banner.rowan.edu/reports/reports.pl?task=Section_Tally) and it shows the start and end dates of the session in which the course is placed. These dates determine your registration-related deadlines for the course as well as the date class verifications and grades are due from your instructor.
- It is very important that you know your Part of Term for each of your classes so that you follow the proper registration-related deadlines.
Registration Open Dates
- Registration opens for a term as outlined below and then remains open until the end of the regular Drop/Add period for the Part of Term in which the course appears.
- Fall: usually in March (opens according to student level and classification)** (See Fall 2016 Registration Schedule for Undergraduate Student Classifications on this page.)
- Winter: usually in October (opens for all students at one time)
- Spring: usually in October (opens according to student level and classification)** (Spring 2017 Registration Schedule for Undergraduate Student Classifications coming soon.)
- Summer: usually in February (opens for all students at one time)
- Most courses that fall within a term but begin after the start of the full term (“Late-start” courses) have registration open at the same time as the full term dates. Online adding and dropping for Late-start courses is usually possible during this time and up through the end of the Regular Drop/Add period for the full term. After that, registration usually remains open for a late-start course until the Regular Drop/Add period for the Part of Term in which the particular course appears; however, online adding and dropping is no longer possible, which is why a Late-start Registration Form (or, for Fall 2016 the late drop/add form with only the student signature) is required for manual processing at that time. Instead of the form, you may email email@example.com with your name, ID, CRN, Term and request – stating that this is a “late-start” course and requesting registration/dropping/adding. As long as registration is officially open (according to Part of Term and drop/add policy as outlined above), only the student signature is required, both adding and dropping is still permitted, and tuition cancellations (if applicable) are processed. After those dates, a fully-signed late drop/add form is required for processing.
- Online Registration: Please remember any online registration activity takes place in Self Service (www.rowan.edu/selfservice) and is only possible between 7AM and 11PM each day and up until the end of the Regular Drop/Add period.
- A Note about Online Courses: Online courses will be listed as “online” in the “campus” column in the Section Tally. Only 100% online courses are given that label, and if they are, they will be offered through the Canvas Learning Management System through Rowan Global and will require that you have completed the Rowan Online Immersion course as a pre-requisite or co-requisite. (You must have completed this course by Spring 2016 or later. See below for details.) Some traditional-format courses are not labeled “online” but may have a partial online component and in those cases, that portion would be offered through the Blackboard Learning Management System through the Office of Academic Technology.
- Required Online Immersion Course: Please remember that the first time your register for any online course after Spring 2016, you must also register for the Rowan Online Immersion Course. Rowan Online Immersion (ONL 00100) is a one-time, zero-credit, zero-cost online-learning tutorial required of any student registered for an online or hybrid course. The course, which appears in CANVAS alongside your other online or hybrid course registrations, is approximately 1 hour long, and can be completed at your own pace (you are not required to be online at a specific date or time). Topics covered include: what to expect in an online course, technology overview, obtaining support, and related policies. You must successfully complete a final quiz in order to receive a grade of "Successful" (S) on your transcript for ONL 00100. Failure to complete the course by the end of your first semester will result in a grade of "Unsuccessful" (U) and may require you to re-enroll in ONL 00100 in the future. (Neither grade will affect your Rowan GPA.) Students register themselves for ONL 00100 through Self Service just like any other course. (When trying to register, under the course subject, look for "Rowan Online Immersion: instead of ONL. Despite the subject being ONL, Banner uses the full name for the subject.)
Note: Any student who has completed the Rowan Online Orientation prior to January 2016 must still register for the course, but may contact Rowan Online Support by calling 856-256-5164 or submitting a ticket at rowanonline.com to opt-out and have your grade automatically changed to "Successful."
Back to top
- If the course length/Part of Term in which the course appears is 3 weeks or shorter:
- Drop/Add dates are the first 2 business days of the session/Part of Term in which the course appears
- If the course length/Part of Term in which the course appears is over 3 weeks and up to and including 6 weeks:
- Drop/Add dates are the first 3 business days of the session/Part of Term in which the course appears
- If the course length/Part of Term in which the course appears is over 6 weeks and up to the full term (12-16 weeks):
- Drop/Add dates are the first 5 business days of the session/Part of Term in which the course appears
Back to top
UPCOMING REGISTRATION DATES
- Click here for the Summer 2016 Registration-related Dates
- Registration opens Monday, February 22, 2016 for ALL students.
- Registration remains open for each session until the end of the drop/add period for the session in which the course(s) appears.
Summer 2016 Parts of Term/Sessions
- Full term session: 05.16.16 – 08.28.16
- 8-week online-only session/Module A: 05.03.16 - 06.27.16
- 3-week session: 05.16.16 – 06.03.16
- 1st 5-week session: 05.23.16 – 06.24.16
- 8-week session: 05.31.16 – 07.22.16
- 2nd 5-week session: 06.27.16 – 07.29.16
- 8-week online-only session/Module B: 06.28.16 - 08.22.16
- Registration begins Monday, March 21, 2016 for students according to the registration schedule below.
- Once it opens for your particular student classification, registration remains open until the end of the drop/add period for the session in which the course(s) appears.
- Matriculated students may enroll for Fall 2016 classes during the above designated time periods, and afterward. (System remains open through Drop/Add September 08)
- Non-matriculated students register starting April 18.
- All Graduate students may register throughout the entire registration period.
Fall 2016 Registration Schedule for Undergraduate Student Classifications
- March 21-27................................All Seniors (90 credits and above)
- March 28 – April 3.......................All Juniors, (58-89.99 credits) and Seniors
- April 4-10.....................................All Sophomores, (24-57.99 credits), Juniors, and Seniors
- April 11-17...................................All Freshmen, (0-23.99 credits), Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and others
About Student Classification Hours:The system assumes you have earned all credits for the current semester in courses you are currently attending. Ex. 110 earned hours + 15 enrolled = 125 total hours
Fall 2016 Parts of Term/Sessions
- 15-week session/Full term: 09.01.16 – 12.20.16
- 8 week online only session – Module A: 08.30.16 – 10.24.16
- 8 week online only session – Module B: 10.25.16 – 12.19.16
Spring 2017 - coming soon!
Back to top
- After the drop/add period of the particular session/Part of Term, a withdrawal form is necessary for those who do not choose to complete the course. Forms are available at (www.rowan.edu/registrar) under “Forms.” (Withdrawals cannot be performed via Self Service and, per University policy, no refund is granted for withdrawals, so if you do not want the course, please be sure to drop it within the proper deadlines.)
Back to top