Regular Office Hours:
Mon: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Tue: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Wed: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Extended Drop/Add Office Hours
(Please see drop/add schedule to determine when these hours are in effect):
Mon: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Tue: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Wed: 7:30am - 6:00pm
Thu: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
*We are also open until 6pm the first 5 business days of fall and spring terms
Rowan psychology expert: Breast cancer patients benefit physically from mental health support | More
National Center for Women & Information Technology awards grant to new computer science club at Rowan University | More
Geologist to discuss involvement in NASA mission at Edelman Planetarium | More
Edelman Planetarium hosts fall program | More
Welcome, and Welcome Back! | More
One of the roles of the Office of the University Registrar is to share detailed information and instructions with Rowan University faculty and staff regarding the many Registrar-related tasks and updates they perform throughout the year within the student's academic record in Banner. Listed below are some of the key links that should be useful. Please contact us if we may be of any assistance.
Please review the links below and contact our Registrar Teams with any questions.
Registrar Team Contact Information:
- University Registrar, Rebecca Gollihur, 856-256-4367, email@example.com
- Associate University Registrar, Diane Previti, 856-256-4368, firstname.lastname@example.org (curriculum and security/access issues)
- Registration & Customer Service Team Contacts: 856-256-4360; email@example.com
- Contact for help with: registration/overrides, grading/change of grades, incompletes/extensions, class list verifications, freshman automated registration/FIGS, withdrawals/leaves of absence data processing, transcript and enrollment verification requests, and any other general questions
- Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) Team Contacts: 856-256-4390; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact for help with: transfer credit evaluations/articulations, NJtransfer.org updates/corrections, AP/CLEP/IB, credit by exam, and any other general transfer credit-related questions
- Graduation Team Contacts: 856-256-4375; email@example.com
- Contact for help with: graduation applications/advisor evaluations, applying for completion of COGS/CAGS/CUGS, Academic Honors and University Honors, and any other general graduation-related questions
- Information Services Team Contacts: 856-256-4182; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact for help with: existing automated Registrar reports from Self Service, GPA calculations, repeat policy issues, outstanding grade and class list verification reports, online form submission issues, enrollment reporting, DegreeWorks/GRAD, and any other general information-services/DegreeWorks-related questions
- Registrar Services Team Contacts: 856-256-4373; email@example.com
- Contact for help with: scheduling appointments with the Registrar/Associate Registrar, preferred name issues, Degree in 3 registration-related issues, and other general Registrar questions
Faculty/Staff Helpful Registrar-related Links:
- Registration-related Information, Dates & Deadlines (drop/add, withdrawal dates, etc.)
- Class Verification Information & Instructions
- Fall 2016 final class list verification due date is September 13, 2016 for courses that started on/before 09/01/16. (See below for more details as some class list verifications may be due earlier.)
- Instructors are asked to perform class list verifications for each and every one of their classes throughout the term right after the Regular Drop/Add period for each class. (For example in an 8-week course (that would be listed in an 8-week-long Part of Term), the Drop/Add period is the first 5 business days of that Part of Term. Therefore, class verification should be performed on the sixth day of the Part of Term or right after the first class meeting is complete - if that is after the Drop/Add period). However, if – due to no class meetings, a holiday, a weather-related delay – you are unable to verify class lists by the deadline, please simply enter the information as soon as possible – even if it is after a stated deadline. Class verifications affect the proper awarding and disbursement of financial aid as well as the official enrollment reporting for Rowan University so they are very important and must be performed in a timely manner. Do not wait until the end of the class/end of term to perform verifications and please update your class verifications as you receive additional students via adds. If someone stops attending your class, please note the date so it can be recorded at the time you enter final grades as the “last date of attendance” or LDA. Class verifications must be completed before final grades can be entered at the end of the Part of Term. If you ever need to update a class verification and run into any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Classroom scheduling:
- The Office of University Scheduling, in the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management, oversees all academic and non-academic scheduling for Rowan University and is housed on the second floor of James Hall. Contact the office at email@example.com.
- Final Grade Entry Information, Instructions,
- Fall 2016 final grade entry due date is (tentatively) January 4, 2017. (See below for more details as some grades may be due earlier.)
- Instructors are asked to submit their final grades for each and every one of their classes throughout the term within five business days after the end of the Part of Term for each class. Unlike verifications, which rely on drop/add dates and course lengths that vary, grades are always due 5 business days after the Part of Term, regardless of course length. (For example, in a 3 week course starting at the beginning of the fall full term, grades are due 5 business days after the end of the Part of Term, which would most likely be September 29 – around the 4th week of the term.) Keep in mind that grades cannot be entered until all class verification are complete. If any student is earning a non-credit-bearing grade, you must also enter a “last date of attendance” or LDA before entering the grade. A student who never attended (and never officially dropped or withdrew) would be entered with the first day of the particular Part of Term as the LDA (the system does not allow earlier) and then an “F” grade. Many students are awaiting grades for job applications, acceptance into graduate programs, state certifications, etc. In addition, official end-of-term grade processing - which includes GPA calculations, the repeated course/grade process, and incompletes - cannot be run until grades have been submitted, and so, the timely awarding of grades is extremely important. If you ever run into any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- The grade entry link above also includes links to the University Grades Policy and to the Incomplete and Change of Grade Forms.
- FERPA Information (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act)
- FERPA Waiver List- Student Disclosure Authorization List
- How can Rowan University faculty/staff view the official list of those students who have submitted FERPA Waivers, authorizing access to their academic records?
Click on the secure link above to see which students have authorized others (parents, guardians, etc.) to have access to their academic records. This waiver gives Rowan U. faulty/staff the right to discuss information related to the student's academic record ONLY with those individuals listed. Verification of identity is required in each case - either by a photo ID for an in-person discussion, or by the individual providing the security code (if included on the Excel list) that was originally included on the FERPA Waiver by the student. If the security code was not provided originally and/or if the individual does not remember it, you are not able to verify identity for email/phone discussions. Students may update the FERPA Waiver security code (or, submit one if one was not originally provided), by emailing the information to email@example.com. As of the '16-'17 year, the FERPA Waiver list is updated every Monday by the Registrar. If you ever have any questions about the FERPA Waiver List, or FERPA in general, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at 856-256-4360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forms used by the Office of the University Registrar (registration, overrides, credit by exam, student data changes, FERPA waiver, etc.)
- Graduation Information
- University Catalogs and Links to Major Program Guides
- If the proper link for a particular Program Guide is missing/incorrect, please email email@example.com with the corrected URL so we may update.
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Academic Calendars
Note: This page is under reconstruction. If you are looking for information that used to be on this page, please contact Roberta Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click here for the original from December, 2015.