Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:00 - 6:00 pm (Fall and Spring)
CMSRU researcher receives NIH Grant to study impact of carbon dioxide following cardiac arrest | More
Lehrman named dean of Rowan’s Rohrer College of Business | More
College of Engineering among U.S. schools committed to educating 20,000 students to meet “Grand Challenges” | More
Rowan teaches the world | More
It's a Match! | More
Senior Scholar Program
Senior Citizens Using Tuition Waiver
Senior citizens, 65 years or older, who are residents of New Jersey may enroll in undergraduate courses on a non-credit basis and free of University tuition and fees. The following processes and guidelines will be observed and strictly enforced:
1. Course enrollment occurs during the drop/add period of each semester.
2. Registration for classes must take place in-person during the drop/add enrollment period and in coordination with the University Registrar located in Savitz Hall.
3. Official, government approved proof of age must be presented and all forms must be completed during registration (see the form resources below).
4. Senior Scholars will only be enrolled in courses with a minimum of 3 empty seats.
5. All University policies and procedures are relevant and are applied universally (see student handbook and academic policy resources below).
6. All prerequisites or corequisites must be met. The Registrar’s Office will receive and post necessary transcripts. Where prerequisites are being fulfilled by courses taken at another institution or by non-credit courses, the chair of the academic department will make the determination of sufficiency.
7. Enrollees are responsible for all costs associated with supplies, texts, or additional lab fees.
8. Enrollees are expected to participate fully in the course, with the option of completing assigned course work.
9. For an Enrollee to re-take a course in subsequent semester, approval from the chair of the academic department will be required.
Resources & Forms:
Senior Scholar Application