We've outgrown the University Green: A new Commencement tradition begins
Until just a few days ago, the Rowan University community expected to celebrate the 89th Commencement with both Graduate and Undergraduate ceremonies on the University Green at Bunce Hall. But with higher-than-ever numbers of students due to participate in Commencement, we anticipate hosting more than 20,000 students and guests during the course of our two days of ceremonies. The University Green is simply too small to accommodate everyone safely and comfortably. Fortunately, Wackar Stadium can accommodate 13,000 students and guests. Please join us for:
We apologize for the late notice on the venue change. We struggled with the decision after years of tradition on the Green. The deciding factor was, however, our students and their guests. The academic milestones we celebrate at Commencement should be shared with as many loved ones and friends as possible.
We look forward to establishing new traditions with this year's Commencement and making the days memorable for graduates, guests and the entire Rowan community.
Changes to note:
- Venue changed from University Green to Wackar Stadium.
- Students who have confirmed their participation in the Graduate or Undergraduate ceremony must reserve Commencement tickets online by Thursday, May 8. Extra tickets for the main and/or secondary ceremonies will be available (first-come, first-served) through the online ticket pool on Friday, May 9, at 8:30 a.m.
- Undergraduate Commencement
- Tickets are now required at the Undergraduate Commencement main ceremony. Each undergraduate student registered to participate is eligible for three (3) main ceremony guest tickets. Log into rowancommencement.universitytickets.com to reserve your main ceremony tickets by May 8.
- Any Undergraduate main ceremony tickets not claimed by May 8 will be added to the May 9 online ticket pool. Students may request up to three (3) additional main ceremony guest tickets. Please note: Students who receive extra tickets to the main ceremony are not guaranteed extra tickets for their secondary ceremony. However, the new ticket pool will enable easy transfer of unused tickets to students who need more.
- Undergraduate Commencement special needs tickets count as main ceremony tickets. If a student reserves special needs tickets for main ceremony guests, these will be subtracted from the total number of main ceremony tickets available per student.
Visit rowan.edu/commencement often for updates and answers to frequently asked questions. Additional questions may be sent to email@example.com.
RESERVE YOUR COMMENCEMENT TICKETS NOW!
Click here to login
After you have confirmed your commencement participation form in self-service banner (click here for instructions) you will be able to reserve your tickets. Please be patient, as the participation list from self-service banner is uploaded to our ticket site on Fridays. If you cannot wait for the upload to occur, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request for immediate inclusion.
CAPS AND GOWNS ARE AVAILABLE NOW THROUGH MAY 14TH
FROM THE UNIVERSITY BOOKSTORE (Barnes & Noble).
GradImages® is the official photographer for Commencement.Your proofs will be available after the ceremony. To view your proofs online, please visit www.gradimages.com. Pictures may be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at 800-261-2576 or via email at email@example.com.
Pre-register with GradImages by visiting www.gradimages.com, and clicking on the Pre-Event Registration at the bottom of the page. This provides them with the most correct and up-to-date contact information and ensures the delivery of your graduation proofs in a timely manner. You may register your email and up to 6 emails of loved ones who would like to share in your accomplishment by viewing and ordering photos.