Rowan sets information session for Young Profs Exploration Camp | more
Rowan to host March for Babies on Sunday, April 28 | more
Rowan 'rocks the boat' with production of Guys & Dolls | more
Relay at Rowan: Senior duo leads University-wide effort to raise $70K to fight cancer | more
RTN's sixth annual telethon to raise funds for hurricane relief | more
The ONLY way to secure Commencement tickets and your seat at the ceremony is
Step 1: APPLY TO GRADUATE!
All deadlines to apply for Spring 2013 Graduation have passed. To be eligible to attend Commencement with outstanding degree requirements, you must be within 12 credit hours of graduating and/or the completion of student teaching.
The Commencement Participation
(Walking) Form deadline is 3/15/13 to ensure inclusion in the printed program.
- Students apply online through Self Service Banner,
under the Student Menu, by clicking on the "Apply to Graduate" link. If
there are any issues while filling out the application, please email our Graduation Coordinator at Graduation@rowan.edu. The application only takes a few moments to fill out, and the student
will see an acknowledgement after they apply, which should be printed
and kept for their records.
- There is a non-refundable processing fee of $65,
payable to Rowan University each time an application is submitted.
There is also an extended application deadline which will be assessed
an additional $45.00 processing fee. Applications are NOT accepted after the extended deadline date.
- To be eligible to attend Commencement with outstanding degree requirements, an udergraduate must be within 12 credit hours of graduating and/or the completion of student teaching. Graduate students (Master's Level only) must have 6 or fewer credits to complete during the following Summer Semester. The processing fee is $10.00. Applications are NOT accepted after the extended deadline date.
(Please note that EdD/Doctoral
students may not participate in the Commencement Ceremony unless they
have defended their dissertation prior.)
Step 2: CONFIRM COMMENCEMENT PARTICIPATION!
- Confirm your participation in the 2013 Commencement ceremonies before April 22, 2013.
- Visit Student Self-Service at www.rowan.edu/selfservice
- Access Banner Services and enter your Banner ID and PIN
- Select “Student and Financial Aid” and click on “Commencement”
- Follow the prompts to confirm your attendance
Step 3: PICK UP YOUR TICKETS!
- Tickets will be available in the Student Center Pit
between Monday, April 29 and Thursday, May 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- You must present a valid student ID and one other form of identification
to sign and receive your tickets.
- NO TICKETS MAY BE PICKED UP AFTER MAY 2
- Each undergraduate student registered to participate will receive three (3) tickets.
If you cannot make these dates, please send a self-addressed, stamped #10 regular business envelope to the Office of University Events in Shpeen Hall by Monday, April 22. You must include your name, Rowan ID number, and a copy of two forms of photo ID. Please send your envelope to:
Office of University Events
Shpeen Hall, Room 101
40 North Academy Street
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Tickets are not required for the traditional outside main ceremony on the University Green. The ceremony is set for 10,000 people.
Due to capacity limitations and fire regulations, tickets are required for all indoor secondary college ceremonies. Guests will NOT be permitted to enter an indoor ceremony without the proper ticket.
Secondary college ceremonies requiring tickets are:
College of Business, held in the Student Recreation Center
College of Communication & Creative Arts, held in Esbjornson Gymnasium
College of Performing Arts, held in Pfleeger Concert Hall, Wilson Hall
For more information on Secondary College Ceremonies, please visit here.
Inclement Weather Procedures
In the event of inclement weather, all Undergraduate Commencement ceremonies will move indoors. Please visit here for more information.
Time changes or cancellations for inclement weather will be announced beginning at 7 a.m. on WGLS-FM 89.7 and KYW-AM 1060. This information will also be available by phone at (856) 256-INFO and on the University website here.