How to Apply for Financial Aid
Rowan University supports incoming freshman and current students through various financial aid programs and services. The first step is to complete your 2014/15 FAFSA! For more available options, steps, and requirements it is easy for Incoming Freshman or current Undergraduate Students to get started.
FAFSA for Undergraduates
Financial Aid: Undergraduate Students
- File your FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) for the appropriate academic year
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) provided to you by the Department of Education upon filing your FAFSA
- Complete the Verification Process (if selected)
- Review your Award Letter (incoming students only)
- Accept your award package through the Rowan Self Service Portal
- If accepting federal loans as part of your award package, new borrowers must visit www.studentloans.gov log in under Manage My Direct Loan and complete:
- Entrance Counseling for the Federal Direct Student Loan
- Master Promissory Note for Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan(s)
- Additional Funding up to your Cost of Attendance is available through the Federal Parent Plus Loan and/or other private educational loan programs.
Use Your Federal Aid First
Always use available grant and scholarship aid before applying for a loan. When considering your loan options, remember to use your federal aid before applying for private loans. Federal loans usually have lower fixed interest rates and more flexible repayment options than private loans. For more information, visit the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Aid First website.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines
Preferred Application Deadline
|Spring Semester Only||September 15|
|New Jersey State Programs||
June 1 (Renewals)
October 1 (First Time Applicants)
February 15 (Spring Only)
|To Submit Verification Documents||60 days from date of first notice*|
|Last Date Valid Applications Will Be Processed||30 days before the last day of the semester for which the aid is to be applied|
*Note: Only two notices are sent by Rowan University requesting verification.
For more information about applying for aid please visit the Rowan University Guide to Applying for Financial Aid.