English Language Programs Frequently Asked Questions

Does the IELP offer scholarships for international students?

No; however, the IELP does keep its tuition at an affordable rate for most students

Do you offer IELP student advising?

The International Student Advisor for the IELP is Jay Tran.  Mr. Tran's office located in 129 N. Broadway, 4th Floor, Camden, NJ.  Mr. Tran is available to assist students in their acclimation to life in the United States, and academic or other obstacles a student might have, guidance on VISA issues and maintaining status. Mr. Tran also works closely with the IELP instructors to help assure student success.

Can I earn college credit for the IELP classes?

No. The IELP classes are non-credit only. However, we do offer credit-bearing students to eligible undergraduate students who are accepted into the university. See the Pathway Program for more details.

Do you offer Conditional Admission?

Yes. Rowan University offers conditional admission to eligible graduate and undergraduate students. See Conditional Admission Program for more information.

Do you offer on-campus housing?

Yes. IELP students may apply to live on the Glassboro campus. You will check this option on page one of the application.

Do you have home-stay housing options?


How long will it take me to complete the program?

We offer 5 levels, and each level lasts one semester (14 weeks). Depending on what level you place into and how you progress in the program, it will take anywhere from 1 semester to 5 semesters (18 months) to complete the program

Do I need to have a TOEFL or IELTS score to be accepted in the IELP?

No. You will take a test upon arrival to the university to determine which level you are placed in.

If I complete the IELP, do I still need to take the TOEFL or IELTS to get admitted into Rowan University?

No. Successful completion of the IELP is accepted by both undergraduate and graduate admissions in place of the TOEFL or IELTS test scores.

I am a permanent resident, can I get federal financial aid (FAFSA) to pay for the IELP classes?

The IELP is a non-credit program, so there is no federal financial aid. However, we do provide a tuition grant for permanent residents who are eligible. This is based on income.