Is the GMAT required if I already have a graduate degree?
Yes, the GMAT is required for admission into the MBA program, HOWEVER the GRE can be used as a replacement. If you have taken the GMAT more than five years ago, you will need to retake the exam. Rowan University's code for GMAT, GRE and TOEFL is 2515.
For more information concerning the GMAT click here.
For more information concerning the GRE click here.
Is there a GMAT Waiver Policy?
Yes. Waivers for the standardized test requirement (GMAT or GRE) are available if you meet one of the following pre-defined criteria set by the Rohrer College of Business:
- Those who have completed any COGS in the Rohrer College of Business with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.8
- Those who have graduated from an AACSB accredited business program AND have:
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3; or,
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 with 7 years of professional experience*; or,
- 10 years of professional experience*
- The applicant has been inducted as a member of Beta Gamma Sigma.
- The applicant has an earned masters or higher, with a 3.0 GPA, from a program which holds discipline specific accreditation (e.g., ABET for Engineering/Technology, NCATE for Education)
- The applicant has completed the MCAT or LSAT and been accepted to an institution holding discipline-specific accreditation (e.g., ABET for Engineering/Technology, NCATE for Education)
*Professional experience will be evaluated by the MBA Admissions Committee. Please contact an Admissions & Enrollment Counselor for further information.
What requirements must be met by international students in order to apply for the MBA?
All International students have to take the TOEFL and score better than a 550 or 79 on the computerized version. International students must then send their transcripts to the World Education Services, Inc., (www.wes.org). There is also an international application that must be filled out, for more information concerning the application process click here. In addition, international students will have to meet all other requirements for admission including submission of GMAT score. For more information concerning international studies, click here. Rowan University's code for GMAT, GRE and TOEFL is 2515.
What are the requirements for the MBA Program?
All requirements for Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships, plus:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent from a foreign institution of higher education.
- If professional (relevant management or supervisory) experience is being used as a basis for support of the applicant's qualification, a letter must be written by the applicant's supervisor or by a responsible executive of the company describing the applicant's current position, responsibilities and length of service. (Professional experience may not be substituted for foundation course requirements.)
- The applicant shall provide the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or GRE taken within the last five years. Rowan University's code for GMAT, GRE and TOEFL is 2515.
- The applicant shall provide a written statement of career objectives.
- Must provide a minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 213 on the new computerized test or a 79 on the IBT.
- Must provide evidence of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella.
- Must provide evidence of the ability to have medical insurance coverage during their proposed stay in the U.S. -The World Education Services (WES) must confirm that the applicant's undergraduate experience is equivalent to four years of undergraduate study at an accredited U.S. college or university, culminating in a bachelor's degree.
- Are required to certify that sufficient funds to support their academic and personal living expenses during their stay in the U.S.
- A non-refundable $300 deposit is required as a condition of granting the F-1 visa. The deposit will be applied to the student's first semester tuition and fees. Student deposits not applied to tuition and fees within one year of acceptance may not be applied to tuition costs after that time.
- The F-1 visa is the only visa acceptable to Rowan University for the purpose of admission.
- As a condition of continuing matriculation, foreign or international students are required to maintain full-time (at least 9 semester hours per term) enrollment in graduate courses leading to a degree.
Do I have to take the GMAT if I am a CPA?
Yes, the CPA can not replace the GMAT requirement, however the GRE can. For more information concerning the GMAT click here.
Can courses I take in the Rohrer MBA Program help fulfill the New Jersey CPA educational requirements?
Yes, however, requirements must be evaluated on a case by case basis. For more information concerning the NJCPA educational requirements please visit their website by clicking here.
Can I transfer credits into the Rohrer MBA Program?
A maximum of nine semester hours in graduate credit from another AACSB accredited U.S. college or university may be applied toward the required program credits, provided the grade for each course is at least a B (3.0). However, these courses must be approved by the student's program advisor, the department chair, the appropriate college dean, and the dean of Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships. If the student requests that the transfer course be used as a program requirement, the department offering the Rowan University course for which the transfer course would be substituted and the program advisor will review the course description and will recommend action to the department chair, the appropriate college dean, and the Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships dean for final approval.
How do I apply?
Contact Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships #856-256-4747 for an application or click here to learn about the details.
When do I have to apply by? What are the deadlines?
Please see the following URL for information on application deadlines click here. You should submit your application as soon as possible. Allow enough time for your transcripts and other supporting materials including your official GMAT scores to be sent to Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships and reviewed by both Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships and the MBA Program Director. Rowan University's code for GMAT, GRE and TOEFL is 2515.
Will I be assigned an academic advisor once accepted into the program?
Yes, an academic advisor will be available to meet with you but it is your responsibility to contact the MBA office at 856-256-4024 to make an appointment.
How long does it take to complete the program?
The program can be completed in a year (three semesters) full time, but most students take between two and six years. The program must be completed in six years.
Is the MBA Program accredited?
The Rohrer College of Business of Rowan University is accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Rowan University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
What are the class sizes?
The Rohrer MBA program offers small class sizes with an average student/faculty ratio of 20 to 1.
Will the program interfere with my job?
The Rohrer MBA program is designed for the working professional and should not interfere with your job. The classes meet one evening per week, online or on Saturday mornings.
Is there financial aid available for MBA students?
Yes! Click here for more information.
Can I get a Graduate Assistantship to help pay for my tuition?
Yes! Click here for more information.
How much is tuition for a full/part time graduate student?
Where can I view a course's description and prerequisites?
Our catalog of course descriptions and prerequisites can be found online by clicking here.
Where can I find a copy of the Rowan Academic Calendar?
Click here for a copy of the Rowan Academic Calendar.
I took the GRE, can I use that score instead of taking the GMATS?
Yes, you can use the GRE score to enter the MBA program. For more information concerning the GRE click here.
Can I declare a specialization at the time of applying to the Rohrer College of Business MBA Program?
Yes, applicants to the Rohrer College of Business MBA Program will be able to indicate their choice of specialization on the admissions application in both the on-line and paper application formats.
How do I declare, change, or eliminate a specialization?
- Email the MBA Program at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a Request for Change of Graduate Program form.
- Check the Banner system to make sure that your new major code is reflected in your student account.
What if I change my mind about completing a specialization after I have declared it?
If a student should decide not to finish a specialization after it has been declared, they must complete the process for changing a graduate program to transfer into the general MBA degree program or to another specialization.
Can I begin taking MBA classes during my senior year?
Yes! With our Senior Privilege program, Seniors at Rowan University who have at least a 3.0 GPA may request permission from the Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships to register for one graduate level course per semester. The total number of graduate credits taken shall not exceed 6 semester hours.
Seniors do not have to pay the Graduate level tuition rate.
You may take the GMAT during your senior year while enrolled in a graduate level course. Seniors may also be interested in our 4+1 MBA Program. This allows students who take advantage of the Senior Privilege to complete their MBA in one year.
Suggested 4+1 Schedule- Senior Year:
Issues in MIS
Designing, Developing & Leading High Performance Organizations
Professional, Legal & Managerial Responsibilities
Managerial Decision Making Tools
Managing Organizational Strategy
Financial Decision Making
International Business & Society
For more information contact the MBA office at 856-256-4024 to make an appointment.