201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone / 856.256.4134
Fax / 856.256.4714
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
Dedication for new Rohrer College of Business building set for Jan. 18 | More
Rowan Ranked 3rd Nationally for Social Mobility | More
Former Secretary of Labor Herman to speak at MLK Jr. Scholarship Breakfast | More
Rowan Engineering partners with New Jersey Department of Military and Veteran Affairs, National Guard | More
Rowan’s College of Education, Banneker Preparatory Charter School to collaborate to assist students, aspiring teachers | More
Introduction to ePAR
Performance assessment is a vital part of any organization. The ePAR (Electronic Performance Assessment Review) allows supervisors to track employees’ job responsibilities, expectations, and performance throughout the work year. The ePAR process is a two-way exchange that requires communication between Rater (Supervisor) and Ratee (Employee). Supervisors evaluate employees using a three tier rating: exceptional, successful, or unsatisfactory.
For more information, please visit the following links for the State of NJ Civil Service Commission:
The Roles of Rater, Ratee, and Reviewer in ePAR Process
Rater, the supervisor, evaluates and discusses employees’ work progress, job expectations, responsibilities and performance throughout each work year.
Ratee, the employee, receives an evaluation of current progress with job expectations and responsibilities.
Reviewer, the Rater’s supervisor, ensures that the PAR evaluations have been processed. The Reviewer may discuss the unit goals with the Rater. The Reviewer may also resolve any concerns between the Ratee and Rater.
The ePAR cycle begins October 1st and ends September 30th.
- Initial ePAR –An initial ePAR must be completed during the month of October. Supervisors and employees are required to meet to discuss job responsibilities and expectations which are entered on the Initial ePAR and signed. No rating is completed at the time of the Initial ePAR.
Please note: To accurately process ePAR in the NJ State System, an Initial must be completed.
- Interim ePAR - begins October 1st and ends March 31st. During the interim cycle (midyear review in April of the performance year), supervisors and employees are required again to meet and discuss employees’ performance. Supervisors are required to rate the employees which reflects six month performance. Additionally, for the interim, the Rater must include a justification for the rating and if applicable, a development plan
- Final ePAR Cycle - begins April 1st and ends September 30th- During the final cycle (in the month of October of the performance year), supervisors and employees meet for a final review of the employees’ performance throughout the twelve month work year. Also during this meeting, supervisors and employees may schedule or discuss the upcoming initial ePAR. Additionally, for the final, the Rater must include a justification for the rating and if applicable, a development plan.
- Significant Performance Events - At all times during the evaluation year, any significant performance events, either positive or negative, are recorded in the Significant Events section of the Ratee's ePar. These events should be discussed, initialled, and dated by both Rater and Ratee.
- If the ePAR is not completed, it can affect an employee’s promotional test score. Reclassification requests cannot be submitted to Human Resources without a completed ePAR.
- If an initial is not created, the remaining cycles (interim and final) cannot be entered in the NJ State ePAR System and the employee will not receive an official rating.
- ALL ePAR forms require THREE SIGNATURES (RATEE, RATER, AND REVIEWER).
- Please be aware that the Rater is responsible for initiating the ePAR and ensuring its completion.
Additional Information about the PAR
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the PAR
For additional information regarding the ePAR, please refer to your appropriate bargaining agreement contract and/or The NJ Administrative Code. If you have questions regarding the ePAR, please contact:
Employee Development and Organizational Specialist
856-256-4500 Extension 3366