Retirement Process for all Pension Systems
(this process should begin between 4-6 months of your retirement date)
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone / 856.256.4134
Fax / 856.256.4714
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
B-TV: NYC art show celebrates David Bianculli’s love of television | More
CMSRU Faculty Participate in Groundbreaking Epilepsy Study | More
Knowledge is Power: New Rowan sculpture celebrates joy of learning | More
Rowan unveils cast bronze plaque to honor World War II veterans | More
“Rowan Choice” can save freshmen about $10,000 | More
- It is required that you submit a written letter of retirement to your Supervisor/Dean with a copy to Human Resources. (this letter must be received by Human Resources before the certification of your service and final salary)
- Contact the payroll department to obtain your vacation leave balance, as vacation and compensatory time should be used prior to your separation date. Not applicable for Faculty members.
- If you or anyone who will be covered by your NJ State Retiree Health Benefits is eligible for Medicare, they must have Part A and B established when you transition into the retiree health benefits program. Accordingly, you must visit the nearest Social Security Office 60 days prior to your retirement.
- Contact Betty McAteer, Human Resources, at 856-256-4306 to schedule a retirement consultation with Ms. Vanetta Turner, Director of Pension and Benefits, ASAP.
- The consultation usually runs between 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Regarding all retirement procedures, timeline, health benefits, and required forms needed.
- Have any questions or concerns regarding retirement ready to discuss at the time of this meeting.
Once you have met with Ms. Turner and completed the required paperwork, you will want to schedule your exit interview. To schedule your exit interview, kindly contact Betty McAteer at 856-256-4306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Returning to work after Retirement
Schedule an appointment for counseling with The Division of Pensions and Benefits!!
Please visit:The NJ Division of Pensions and Benefits website at: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions