Retirement Process for all Pension Systems
(this process should begin between 4-6 months of your retirement date)
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone / 856.256.4134
Fax / 856.256.4714
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
Access & Inclusion Week at Rowan offers full complement of events | More
As Department of Public Safety seeks re-accreditation, CALEA assessment team invites public comments | More
‘American Promise’: Film screening, discussion to focus on issues of race, class and privilege in education | More
As GOP leaders jump ship on Trump, Clinton looks to stay the course in presidential race | More
Rowan alumni Jean and Ric Edelman commit $25 million for University’s Fossil Park | More
- It is required that you submit a written letter of retirement to your Supervisor/Dean with a copy to Human Resources. (this letter must be received by Human Resources before the certification of your service and final salary)
- Contact the payroll department to obtain your vacation leave balance, as vacation and compensatory time should be used prior to your separation date. Not applicable for Faculty members.
- If you or anyone who will be covered by your NJ State Retiree Health Benefits is eligible for Medicare, they must have Part A and B established when you transition into the retiree health benefits program. Accordingly, if you wish to sign up for Parts A and/or B, you may apply online at www.socialsecurity.gov or call Social Security at 1-(800)-772-1213 to sign up by phone or make an appointment with your local Social Security office.
- For Main Campus, Camden, and Cooper: Contact Betty McAteer, Human Resources, at 856-256-4306 to schedule a retirement consultation ASAP.
- For SOM Campus: Contact Celeste Rebardo, Human Resources, at 856-566-6162.
- The consultation usually runs between 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Regarding all retirement procedures, timeline, health benefits, and required forms needed.
- Have any questions or concerns regarding retirement ready to discuss at the time of this meeting.
Once you have finished your consultation and completed the required paperwork, you will want to schedule your exit interview. To schedule your exit interview, kindly contact either Betty McAteer at 856-256-4306 or email@example.com for Main Campus or Celeste Rebardo at 856-566-6162 or firstname.lastname@example.org for SOM Campus.
The Division of Pensions and Benefits has scheduled upcoming Retirement Seminar dates for members of the Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS), Teacher's Pension and Annuity Fund (TPAF), or Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS). Both in-person Seminars and live online webinars are available.
Designed for employees who are planning for retirement, retirement seminars and webinars provide a step-by-step look at the retirement process. We explain retirement benefits, beneficiary options, group life insurance, and how to submit the retirement application online using MBOS. Retirement eligibility, purchase, loan repayment provisions and the taxability of pension are explained along with a brief discussion of State Health Benefits Program and School Employee's Health Benefits Program coverage in retirement. Seminars conclude with a question and answer period; Webinar attendees are able to submit questions for individualized answers.
Please check out the State of New Jersey's web site regularly for newly added seminar/webinar dates and/or locations http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions/workshop-intro.shtml
PERS retirement information/fact sheets
ABP retirement information
Returning to work after Retirement
Schedule an appointment for counseling with The Division of Pensions and Benefits!!
Please visit:The NJ Division of Pensions and Benefits website at: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions