Retirement Process for all Pension Systems
(this process should begin between 4-6 months of your retirement date)
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone / 856.256.4134
Fax / 856.256.4714
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
Rowan Research Identifies Cause of Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients | More
A warm Rowan welcome awaits the Class of 2019 | More
Rowan University hosts astronomy open house | More
Opening of Rowan’s new athletic practice fields set for August 26 on West Campus | More
Go Profs!: Athletic teams revved up for fall | More
- It is required that you submit a written letter of retirement to your Supervisor/Dean with a copy to Human Resources. (this letter must be received by Human Resources before the certification of your service and final salary)
- Contact the payroll department to obtain your vacation leave balance, as vacation and compensatory time should be used prior to your separation date. Not applicable for Faculty members.
- If you or anyone who will be covered by your NJ State Retiree Health Benefits is eligible for Medicare, they must have Part A and B established when you transition into the retiree health benefits program. Accordingly, you must visit the nearest Social Security Office 60 days prior to your retirement.
- For Main Campus: Contact Betty McAteer, Human Resources, at 856-256-4306 to schedule a retirement consultation ASAP.
- For SOM Campus: Contact Celeste Rebardo, Human Resources, at 856-566-6162.
- The consultation usually runs between 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Regarding all retirement procedures, timeline, health benefits, and required forms needed.
- Have any questions or concerns regarding retirement ready to discuss at the time of this meeting.
Once you have finished your consultation and completed the required paperwork, you will want to schedule your exit interview. To schedule your exit interview, kindly contact either Betty McAteer at 856-256-4306 or email@example.com for Main Campus or Celeste Rebardo at 856-566-6162 or firstname.lastname@example.org for SOM Campus.
Returning to work after Retirement
Schedule an appointment for counseling with The Division of Pensions and Benefits!!
Please visit:The NJ Division of Pensions and Benefits website at: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pensions