201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone / 856.256.4134
Fax / 856.256.4714
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
A time for service and celebration: SGA presents third annual Holiday Week | More
Boro in Lights brings Rowan and Glassboro residents together for holiday cheer | More
New research provides key insight about mitochondrial replacement therapy | More
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine Dean Named to Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee | More
Rowan Honors students pawsing to relax before finals | More
Note: Effective December 7, 2011, amendments to the reclassification process were adopted at the NJ Civil Service Commission’s meeting. The form has changed and the required information is listed below.
The following are required to process a request for reclassification:
- An internal tracking form
- DPF-44S form - Detailed instructions on completing the DPF-44S
Please note requirements listed below. Previous versions of the DPF-44 will not be accepted.
- The appellant will be required to specify the title that he believes is appropriate to the duties performed, and must explain how the duties at issue are more appropriate to the requested title than to the title in which the employee is currently serving.
- The employee's immediate supervisor will be required to indicate his agreement or disagreement with the appellant's description of job duties, the appellant’s cited percentage of time spent on each duty, and the title proposed by the appellant, and shall explain in writing any disagreements
- The program manager or division director will be required to indicate his agreement or disagreement with the appellant’s description of job duties, the appellant’s cited percentage of time spent on each duty, and the title proposed by the appellant, and shall explain in writing any disagreements. The program manager or division director must also provide a copy of the employee’s most recent performance evaluation when forwarding the package to the agency’s Personnel Office.
- The immediate supervisor and program manager or division director shall complete their portions and provide their signatures within 15 days of the employee’s submission of the appeal to the immediate supervisor.
- Organizational chart of the department including names, titles and reporting relationships.
- A detailed narrative describing how the job responsibilities of the position have changed.
- Attach a copy of employee’s most recent performance evaluation
Once these documents are completed, please forward the forms and accompanying information in accordance with the tracking form.
To further assist you, a brief summary of the standards used when reviewing a request are provided below:
||Factors that Count
||Factors that Do Not Count
- Additional Responsibilities
- Nature and variety of work
- Complexity of work
- Supervision or guidance received
- Supervision over others
- Guidelines available
- Consequences of errors
- Nature and finality of decisions
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position
- Volume of work
- Quality of performance
- Pay step in range
- Financial need
- Loyalty to University and/or supervisor
- Length of service
Employees will be contacted for a review of their position and/or additional information, if deemed necessary by the Office of Human Resources. An internal impact analysis will be conducted and similar positions will be reviewed to insure internal consistency in the classification process.
The employee will be notified with the determination. Employees not satisfied with the determination have appeal rights or may challenge the decision in accordance with their negotiated agreement.