201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone / 856.256.4134
Fax / 856.256.4714
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
Move-in Tips For #Rowan18 | More
Home Sweet Rowan: Intensive training program prepares RAs to serve residential students | More
Welcome, Profs! Programs, initiatives focus on campus engagement from the start | More
Profs gearing up for memorable fall sports campaigns | More
Prof’s film of gun violence, family and perseverance wins top prize | More
Rowan University has a policy to perform a fingerprint check on new hires, previous employees that have had a break in service of six (6) months or more and adjuncts that have not taught in the past academic year. Since employment is contingent upon the results of the background check, the process needs to be completed in a timely manner. Positions will not be held open for failure to follow the procedures for the fingerprint check.
Candidates that have been fingerprinted by another employer must be fingerprinted by Rowan. The University CANNOT accept fingerprint results from another employer.
Exemptions: Students enrolled at Rowan are not covered by this policy.
The University will attempt to make this process as easy as possible. Fingerprinting must be completed and the results received by Rowan before the start of employment. Rowan University is working closely with the New Jersey State Police and a fingerprinting firm identified by them for the fingerprint process. New hires will be working directly with Sagem Morpho, Inc.
New hires should follow the steps below to fulfill the fingerprinting requirement:
- Print fingerprinting form: Background Check Form (PDF)
- Complete the form
- Call the Office of Human Resources at 856-256-4134 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to obtain the ORI# (box 1) and your unique contributor case #
- Log on to website www.bioapplicant.com/nj 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to schedule appointment. Candidates that do not have access to the internet may call the Sagem Morpho Fingerprint Call Center at (877) 503-5981 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon EST to schedule an appointment. Please schedule the appointment for the first available time at any location within travel means.
- Go to fingerprinting site at your scheduled time with your completed fingerprinting form and an acceptable form of identification (listed on the form) You will not be charged for the background check; however, you will be responsible for a $11.00 fee for failing to show for the appointment or failing to bring property identification.
- After fingerprinting, return the form and receipt of fingerprinting to Human Resources within 24 hours. The form can be sent by mail, fax, scanned and emailed or dropped off to: Human Resources Rowan University – Linden Hall, 1st Floor, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028 Fax (856) 256-4714
In certain instances operational or business necessity may require a candidate start prior to the completion of the fingerprint check if the scheduled appointment is not available within a reasonable time frame. These situations are considered on a case by case basis by Human Resources.