Rowan University Job Announcements
Position: Development Director, Rohrer College of Business - Search Reopened, Deadline Extended
Department: University Advancement & Rohrer College of Business
Rowan University seeks a dynamic fundraiser for the position of Development Director, Rohrer College of Business. This position will be a college-based fundraising position. The individual is responsible for working directly with the Dean and University Advancement leadership to establish and manage productive relationships with a pool of major giving, annual giving and planned giving prospects. This individual will be responsible for working with and growing this prospect pool of individuals and corporations, with an emphasis on those who have a giving capacity of $50,000 or more over a 5-year period.
The successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors and prospects.
• Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for University Advancement and the Business Dean, provide the leadership, management and organizational skills required to build and maintain the portfolio required to meet annual support goals.
• Manage a portfolio of between 150 and 200 prospects with the goal of cultivating and securing major, deferred and outright gifts to the University.
• Conduct cold calls and between 125 and 175 face-to-face visits per year with individual and corporate prospects/donors.
• Identify and cultivate relationships through the phase/moves management systems; solicit a pool for major gifts and provide appropriate stewardship. This person will also work closely with the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to expand the university's relationship with industry partners and prospective corporate donors.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Demonstrated track record of 2+ years of fundraising and/or sales experience.
• Specific knowledge of principles and procedures related to major gifts development and/or sales and other management activities and evidence of successful application of knowledge and principles.
• Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills and demonstrated creativity and organization.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends and willingness to travel regionally and, occasionally, nationally.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite programs.
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Appropriate stewardship and a working knowledge of planned giving and solicitation of Annual Fund/Major gifts are preferred for success in this position. Preference given to candidates with higher education experience.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the extended deadline date is June 6. Interested applicants should send a cover letter highlighting related education and experience, a resume and the names and contact information for at least three (3) references to:
Ms. Frances Law
40 North Academy Street
Glassboro, NJ 08028