Facilities & Operations
Welcome to Facilities & Operations
Donald Ellis Moore, Vice President of Facilities & Operations
|Facilities & Operations Org Chart|
The mission of Facilities & Operations at Rowan University is to create and sustain the physical environment where the University's mission can be fulfilled.
The goals of Facilities & Operations at Rowan are to:
- Enhance the learning experience in all areas (i.e. beyond the classroom)
- Provide an appealing environment that enhances recruitment and retention (i.e. supports marketing the institution)
- Provide a high level of customer service for everyone who comes onto the campus
- Be a model for sustainable development
- Be stewards of the University's physical assets
- Be advocates for maintenance and enhancement of the natural and built environment
- Communicate the University's and Facilities' goals to the community
- Be ambassadors for the University to all who visit campus
- Maintain a safe, efficient environment
- Cultivate future donors
- Provide leadership in the field of Facilities Planning and Management
Broad objectives of Facilities & Operations at Rowan are to:
- Participate in all aspects of University and Community Planning
- Treat all constituents and stakeholders (students / visitors / staff / faculty) with respect
- Encourage teamwork at all levels
- Implement the new Campus Master Plan
- Building & Grounds Operations - Kevin Muldoon
- Facilities Services - John Davis
- Custodial Services
- Moving Services
- Campus Planning - Arijit De
Campus Planning and Sustainability has the two fold responsibility of campus development as well as reducing the environmental impact of Rowan’s facilities and operations. Campus Services is included in this area and has responsibility for research, benchmarking, assessments, and risk management.
- Campus Planning encompasses landscaping and facilities. The landscaping portion involves designing the natural elements of the campus and how they interact with the built environment. The facilities portion includes development of future capital project plans and various master planning.
- Sustainability focuses on programs that provide for the needs of the campus without undermining natural resources and environmental quality for the future.
- Campus Services includes planning, communication, and research in support of facilities; benchmarking and identification of successful practices; institutional assessment; risk management; and other duties assigned by the Vice President of Facilities and Operations.
- Energy Management & Utilities Infrastruture - Kyle Gandy
- chilled water / cooling
- steam / heating
- electrical production
- energy management systems
- Design and Construction - Joseph Monahan
Facilities Design and Construction (FDC) manages the capital and large deferred maintenance projects on campus. FDC is responsible for anticipating and responding to the changing needs of the entire Campus community for buildings, equipment, and infrastructure. FDC oversees projects from minor alterations and renovations, through major renovations, to large stand alone out of the ground building projects. Some specific tasks performed by FDC are:
- assisting Campus end users in defining project scopes
- providing design services
- providing complete project management services
Project Management services include but are not necessarily limited to:
- project scheduling
- project budget control
- quality control
- oversight of bidding and permitting
- document administration
- direct supervision of in house field personnel and outside contractors and vendors
During the course of some projects FDC may be called upon to order materials and equipment as well as hire direct labor. FDC also provides funding where possible.
FDC is also involved in the management of all Campus utility and infrastructure improvement and replacement projects as well as oversight for most large environmental abatement projects.
- Environmental Health and Safety - Jack Glass
The function of the Central Utilities Plant area of Facilities is to maintain the integrity of the University Campus utility infrastructure providing the following services:
- Facilities Business Services - Jeremy Sunkett
- Contracts & Procurement - Christine Brasteter
Environmental Health and Safety Services (EH&S) is the office that deals with environmental issues such as indoor air quality, hazardous waste emergencies and disposal of hazardous or other special wastes; occupational health and safety issues such as exposures to hazards or other safety concerns, and fire safety equipment maintenance.