Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Attracting Women into Engineering (AWE)
AWE registration is closed - all sessions are full
The Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering invites middle school girls to Attracting Women into Engineering (AWE), a program designed to expose females to the broad field of engineering. Current middle school girls, those entering the 7th, 8th and 9th grades in Fall 2015, may participate in any available one-day session during which they may work with and learn from College of Engineering faculty and students. The workshops will focus on hands-on engineering laboratory projects and will include experiments and professionalism.
This is the 16th year that the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering will offer the AWE workshops. AWE has continued to cultivate young girls’ interest in engineering through a hands-on approach to engineering, exposure to the diverse paths an engineer can take and the impact engineers will have in shaping the future.
The cost of the one-day, non-residential AWE program is $50, which includes a pizza lunch. The deadline to apply for AWE is May 15, 2015. For more information contact email@example.com.
There will be two sessions available in 2015.
Session 1: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - Full
Session 2: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - Full
Register, choose your date and Pay for AWE here
- Registration will not secure your seat in the AWE program. Seats are limited and payment is the only way to secure your spot. If you register but do not pay, you are not guaranteed a spot in the AWE program.
- Bring payment confirmation, printed or an electronic screen shot, with you to your AWE session
The only way to secure a seat in the AWE program is to submit payment after registration. If registration is complete but payment is not, your seat will NOT be reserved.
For registration questions contact:
Application and payment must be submitted by May 15, 2015.
Female students currently in 6th, 7th or 8th grade (entering 7th, 8th and 9th grade in Fall 2015) are eligible.
- Seats are limited to 50 per session.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Overnight accommodations are not provided.
- A pizza lunch will be served or the student is welcome to bring a brown-bag lunch
- A $50 non-refundable workshop fee is required at time of registration
- Safety requires that all students wear closed-toe shoes and long pants to your AWE session