Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Boys' Engineering, Science and Technology (BEST) Workshop
2016 BEST registration is closed - all sessions are full
BEST is designed to expose boys to the broad field of engineering. The Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering invites current 6th and 7th grade boys, those entering the 7th and 8th grades Fall 2016, to learn about the exciting field of engineering from Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering faculty, staff and students. The workshop focuses on hands-on engineering laboratory experiments and professionalism. BEST will cultivate young boys' interest in engineering through an applied approach to engineering, exposure to the diverse paths an engineer can take and the impact an engineer can have in shaping the future.
The cost of the one-day, non-residential BEST program is $50, which includes a pizza lunch. The deadline to apply for BEST is May 15, 2016. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be three sessions available in 2016.
Session 1: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 Session full
Session 2: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 Session full
Session 3: Thursday, July 21, 2016 Session full
- Registration will not secure your seat in the BEST program. Seats are limited and payment is the only way to secure your spot. If you register but do not pay, you are not guaranteed a spot in the BEST program.
- Please bring payment confirmation, printed or an electronic screen shot, with you to your BEST session
The only way to secure a seat in the BEST program is to submit payment after registration. If registration is complete but payment is not, your seat will NOT be reserved.
For registration questions contact:
Registration and payment must be submitted by May 15, 2016.
Boys currently in 6th or 7th grade (entering 7th or 8th grade in Fall 2016) are eligible.
- Due to construction of a new engineering building, facilities are restricted. Seats for BEST 2016 will be extremely limited.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Overnight accommodations are not provided.
- A pizza lunch will be served or the student is welcome to bring a brown-bag lunch
- A $50 non-refundable workshop fee is required at time of registration
- Safety requires that all students wear closed-toe shoes and long pants to their BEST session