Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
Project Lead the Way
PLTW New Jersey STEM Conference, January 11th, 2017
The Project Lead the Way (PLTW) STEM Conference was held on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at Rowan University. Below you can find the agenda and some of the presentations..
Presentations from the 2017 Conference
Information on the PLTW Program Recognition Program can be found at Program Recognition
Students from PLTW engineering program schools that attend Rowan University in one of our engineering majors may receive course credit for two freshman year courses - Freshman Engineering Clinic I and Freshman Engineering Clinic II. The requirements for these credits are:
1. The high school must maintain status as a “certified” program in the Project Lead the Way network of schools. (note: this requirement will end with the end of certification).
2. The student must successfully complete the two Project Lead the Way core courses (Introduction to Engineering Design, and Principles of Engineering) and at least two elective courses.
3. Student achieves an average stanine score of 5.5 and no score lower than 4.0 on the Project Lead the Way end-of-course exam for each course.
4. Student must be accepted into one of the Rowan University engineering programs.
5. Rowan University will contact the high school to verify course completion and successful test completion.
Students interested in receiving credit for these two courses should contact the PLTW Affiliate Director (Dr. Cleary) during orientation in the summer prior to their freshman year at Rowan.
HIGH SCHOOL DESIGN COMPETITION
Anticipated Summer 2017 Training dates at Rowan are June 19 - June 30, 2017 but these are not yet approved dates.
Project Lead The Way (PLTW) supports K-12 students who are interested in a career in science, engineering and technology. Project Lead the Way partners with higher educational institutions to promote STEM courses in the nation’s high schools, and provides an integrated math, science, and technology curriculum in K-8 schools.
As a State of New Jersey Affiliate to Project Lead the Way, Rowan University will:
- Conduct three phases of technical assistance for those participating in PLTW, most of which is related to curriculum and instruction for middle school and high school personnel
- Implement the PLTW certification process for participating schools
- Conduct a variety of promotional and awareness programs for school counselors.
Project Lead the Way offers resources to K-12 teachers that strengthens student opportunities in engineering or science throughout the state, and the College of Engineering is pleased to support this program.
Teachers and administrators interested in becoming a PLTW participant are invited to contact the College of Engineering.
For More Information, please contact:
Douglas Cleary, Ph.D, P.E
Cherish Disante, Affiliate Assistant