Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering
The Chemical Engineering Industrial Advisory Board at Rowan University
The Chemical Engineering Industrial Advisory Board was formed to provide guidance, advice and support to assist the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Rowan Chemical Engineering Department. The Board provides an effective linkage between the Chemical Engineering Department and alumni, students, faculty, the College of Engineering, the University Administration, industry and government.
The goals of the Chemical Engineering Industrial Advisory Board are to:
- Provide advice and assistance to the Department in the development and maintenance of an assessment plan to maintain ABET accreditation.
- Adopt a proactive role in helping the Department to:
- acquire resources for faculty development
- assist in laboratory development
- identify potential industrial partners / projects for clinic program
- obtain professional opportunities for students (internship and permanent)
- recruit and retain high quality students
- enhance student professional society activities
- Provide an independent, constructive assessment of the program and activities of the Department including a review of items such as: 1) faculty; 2) curriculum; 3) students; 4) administration; 5) equipment and facilities; and 6) alumni/industrial relations.
- Act as a two-way conduit for communicating between the Department and alumni, industry and government.
- Serve as an advocate for the Department with College dean and the University administration.
- Provide feedback to the Department on things it is doing well, and things that can be improved.
This Board is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes including, for such purposes, the making of distribution to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).