IMproving Partnerships and Active Collaboration for Teaching (IMPACT) Grant
This professional development project is a partnership to improve teaching and learning in grades 5-12 in three subject areas: mathematics, language arts and social studies.
The partners include:
Each cohort consists of ten teachers.
- Cohort 1 - Special education certified teachers studying mathematics
- Cohort 2 - Language arts literacy
- Cohort 3 - Social Studies
Goals of the project include
- Expanding the number of teachers who are highly-qualified, building capacity to meet 2009 revised state standards in targeted subject areas,
- Increasing the level of integration of 21st century skills, technology, and global perspectives into instruction.
The School Planning Teams in each school work with project staff to develop a coherent, articulated plan for school-based activities, including:
- Alignment of the curriculum with state standards, incorporating 21st century skills, using technology appropriately
- Integrating global perspectives into instruction
- Coaching for participating teachers
Search our resources (Lesson plans, Web Links, Articles of Interest)
Best Practices For School Planning Teams
Content Course Schedule
Articles of Interest, Links and Resources Math, Language Arts and Social Studies
Language Arts and Mathematics Lesson Plans